17 replies to this topic

#16 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 08:59 AM

This is what I scanned and came up with?

IMG_0001.jpg

If that is the only way it can be done now with W7 and Thunderbird Mail it is a long drawn out process.  There has got to be a better, and much easier way to do it.  Technology just went backwards about 15 years on this operation if something simpler isn't available.

There is a 'send to email' option in Paint but it don't recognize Thunderbird and I did not see any way to change that.  Options are Windows Mail or Microsoft Outlook.

#17 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,665 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 11:04 AM

How old is the scanner?  I'll wager Live mail wasn't invented when the thing was made..  

Just 'Attach' the file to your Email in Window's live..  

It only takes a second since you know where the file is--->   (C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\MPNavigatorEX\2015_8_16.) or whatever date your scan is.  You can also Rename the file to make it more descriptive too BTW..  

Attaching a file in WLMail is easy-  Just click the paper clip..  

chiefan2.jpg

The trick is to navigate to the folder and select the file you want.  Once you do it once it will automatically go to the desired folder next time and will save you some time.  

So that is the easiest way you will be able to do it and once you wrap your noggin around it it will be easy..  

Geek school is closed now!!

• chieffan said thank you

#18 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 12:00 PM

Thanks much for all your help.  I know for you computer nerds it is hard to cope with people that know little about the technical things, especially new programs. 

I trashed Live Mail  (it sucks big time) for Thunderbird and that is where I am staying.  What difference does it make if the scanner was built prior to Live Mail?  All it recognizes it Microsoft stuff.  Like I said The computer technology went backwards about 15 years on this operation, and lot of other too.

Have a good day.