#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,461 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 10:53 AM

Johnny bucket on PK, lift with winch. Winch is HB 2500. Came with roller fairlead, no way to mount to the winch direct. Think I won't need it anyway for this app.  Remote, BUT, says 3 second delay between running and not. Don't like that idea! Might make it direct switch for quicker response. See any problem?  Reccommend any type switch?  Thinking of making winch mount high on pedestal and run cable down to pulley, back up to pulley, then to anchor. OR, should I just go down to pulley on bucket and up to anchor and be good? That would be easier. Might mount lift on the front bumper of tractor and UP to pulley and back down to blade, but may not be room for that. Head hurts thinking of all the options.

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,146 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 01:17 PM

Just using one pulley will double your pulling power and should cut you lifting speed in half.  I have a 2500 lb winch on the back of a G16xl I bought.  Works good but way to fast.  Going to work on slowing it down some how but not much room to work with.  Is that a wireless remote?  Kind of sound like it.  Mine is a direct remote, same as the one I use on my tractor work table.  If it is wireless, I would do away with it completely and go with a pair of relays to a tethered switch.  One relay for up and the other for down.  Will be instant reaction that way.  My 3000 lb HF winch uses 3 relays and tethered remote with 10' cable.  Have to play around with it GL and see how you like it the best.

G16-4.JPG

Edited by chieffan, August 15, 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#3 greenb69 ONLINE  

greenb69
  • Member No: 65681
  • 268 Thanks
  • 210 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 03:08 PM

I went with a set of relays and an intermittent switch on the dash with a tethered remote as an option. Might need to play around with the pullies to get speed where you want it like chieffan said. Good luck and keep us posted.

#4 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,304 Thanks
  • 973 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 05:06 PM

I use a DTDP toggle switch for the winch on my wheeler and wire the switch so it reverses polarity. I've two blocked the winch many times while snowplowing and haven't burned it out yet. No relays used.
Mike

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,146 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 06:03 PM

I use a DTDP toggle switch for the winch on my wheeler and wire the switch so it reverses polarity. I've two blocked the winch many times while snowplowing and haven't burned it out yet. No relays used.
Mike

That will work but takes heaver wire to handle the amperage draw and will have power loss through the extra wire.  With relays one can use a much lighter wire as you only power the relays, not the winch.  DPDT should be a momentary with center off to be safe.

#6 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,304 Thanks
  • 973 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 08:55 PM

After installing the switch I looped the cable around a tree and ran out about 10' of single line, locked all the brakes on dry ground and the 2,000 lb winch would slide all 4 tires. IIRC it's wired w/ 14ga wire from the batt to switch and from switch to winch.

Mike

#7 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,453 Thanks
  • 3,362 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 10:06 PM

I use pulley blocks to double the power and cut the speed to a usable level.
image.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#8 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,453 Thanks
  • 3,362 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 10:08 PM

Same setup basically, front and sleeve hitch as well.

#9 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 08:58 AM

Here is my Sears setup with HB2000 winch. No delay using their relay box. Had to buy a new switch though, the originaly broek pretty soon after I started using it.

sears blade.jpg

sears bucket trip.jpg