#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 09:57 PM

Today I took the Leon 400 loader off my Kubota L2000, it came off pretty easy with no problems at all.  The old Kubota looks like a different tractor with the loader off of it, with the bush mower on the back, it now has problems with riding wheelies.

I pulled into the Koyker 110 loader, it looks like it's going to be pretty easy to mount on, I'm using some of the old mounts from the Leon loader. The right side mount is going to be easy to weld on, but the left side will be harder because the power steering valve and steering cylinder sticks out pretty far (see that last picture).

I'm hoping to have this loader mounted tomorrow, but we will see how it goes.

Attached Thumbnails

• Kubota Koyker Loader 044.jpg
  • Kubota Koyker Loader 026.jpg
  • Kubota Koyker Loader 027.jpg
  • Kubota Koyker Loader 033.jpg
  • Kubota Koyker Loader 037.jpg
  • Kubota Koyker Loader 031.jpg
  • Kubota Koyker Loader 035.jpg
  • Kubota Koyker Loader 040.jpg

• MH81, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#2 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 08:53 AM

The old Kubota looks like a different tractor with the loader off of it, with the bush mower on the back, it now has problems with wheelies.s.

I can relate to that. I never pick my brush cutter completely off the ground for that reason.

That is one nice loader and I am sure you will work out the mounts.
  • BTS said thank you

#3 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 10:27 PM

Got the loader finished tonight, sorry for the lousy pictures, it was completely dark when I took them. I still need to do a little bit of brace work on the front, it is wanting to bend my piece of angle iron, I think tomorrow I will put on a piece of channel that I have and stiffen it up. I will take better pictures tomorrow of all the brackets. I haven't used this yet due to the front bracket needing fixed, but I have already noticed this loaders lifts about 6" higher. I'm hoping this loader will reach over the side of my dump truck, the Leon loader was a inch or two short.

Attached Thumbnails

• Koyker Kubota  Loader 026.jpg
  • Koyker Kubota  Loader 028.jpg
  • Koyker Kubota  Loader 030.jpg
  • Koyker Kubota  Loader 031.jpg

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster and Cvans have said thanks

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 10:33 PM

Very nice.
  • BTS said thank you

#5 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 16, 2015 - 10:27 PM

Thanks,

Got the rest of the braces on today, the front mount/plate/bumper thingy still has a little bit of a sag when there is weight in the bucket, so I'm going to pull the front mount/plate/bumper thingy tomorrow and do a little more work on it. After tomorrows repairs, it should be ready to roll.

The loader can now pick up the front of the tractor, before the front mount/plate/bumper thingy would want to bend, I still am worried about it breaking the front casting of the tractor, it is only being held on by 2 bolts and tomorrow I'm going to weld some more metal to it and put in another 2 bolts and that should stiffen it all up.

Attached Thumbnails

• Koyker Loader on Kubota 014.jpg
  • Koyker Loader on Kubota 017.jpg
  • Koyker Loader on Kubota 019.jpg

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 16, 2015 - 10:34 PM

So have you tried to dump over the side of the dump truck yet?

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, August 16, 2015 - 10:34 PM.

• BTS said thank you

#7 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 16, 2015 - 10:59 PM

So have you tried to dump over the side of the dump truck yet?

I pulled up to it this morning, it lifts over it with about a foot to spare but the bucket then goes below the side when it is dumped, so I will not be able to fill the truck completely full. I have around 6 truck loads of manure to move that's 1/4 mile away, I will start on it when the loader is patched up and after I clean out the truck (dang pack rats get in the cab)

Edited by BTS, August 17, 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#8 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 16, 2015 - 11:34 PM

Still better than a shovel lol.
  • BTS said thank you

#9 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 18, 2015 - 10:38 PM

Still better than a shovel lol.

I haven't picked up a shovel since I got a loader and a backhoe! :rocker2:  :worshippy1:  :poke:  :D 

#10 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 18, 2015 - 10:44 PM

Well, today I got the front bracket welded up, I didn't like to 2 bolts holding it on and now it's going to have 4 bolts. I'm hoping to have time tomorrow to get this stuck on and test it out.

I got my quick attach hydraulic hoses on today, next I need to start tying up hoses to keep them out of the way.

Attached Thumbnails

• Kubota Loader (Koyker) 010.jpg
  • Kubota Loader (Koyker) 009.jpg
  • Kubota Loader (Koyker) 008.jpg

• MH81 and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#11 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 20, 2015 - 11:44 PM

Finally, finally, finally found time to get this finished, I had to search all over town (closest big town is 30 minutes away), I had to find 2 metric fine thread bolts that will thread into the mount on the tractor. I went by Fastenal and they said they don't carry metric bolts in fine thread :mad2:. Then went past two parts houses and a farm store and still nothing. I ended up finding a hardware store that had some that were a little long, but they worked out just fine. I was hoping to have a nice fast trip to town and it ended up taking me well over 2 hours :wallbanging:. Anyway, got home and stuck on the front loader mount, it's a lot stouter and I'm not going to have any problems now. I Haven't put the loader on yet, I need to get 2 pipe fittings to put on the quick attach couplers on the hydraulic hoses and then I will be set.

Attached Thumbnails

• Kubota Loader Mount 013.jpg
  • Kubota Loader Mount 014.jpg
  • Kubota Loader Mount 015.jpg

• MH81, Alc and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#12 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 20, 2015 - 11:50 PM

Metric fine thread bolts... What a pain in the rear. Glad you tracked those elusive bolts down to finish the job. As much work as you have done to the Kubota lately, it shouldnt need anything else for many years. :thumbs:
  • BTS said thank you

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 06:29 AM

That looks better. Glad you are taking the time to rectify the issue before its a PROBLEM
  • wvbuzzmaster and BTS have said thanks

#14 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 07:59 AM

Metric fine thread bolts... What a pain in the rear. Glad you tracked those elusive bolts down to finish the job. As much work as you have done to the Kubota lately, it shouldnt need anything else for many years. :thumbs:

Getting close to to being done with the Kubota but there is still two things that need to be done One is replace the reverse fork in the transmission (pops out of gear) and #2 is put a hydraulic pump off the front of the engine for the loader and backhoe. The hydraulics are pretty slow and weak. The transmission is going to be first, it doesn't even like backing out from a pile of dirt after getting a scoop, I half to put the engine down to a idle and slowly back it out.

#15 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 08:04 AM

That looks better. Glad you are taking the time to rectify the issue before its a PROBLEM

I always try to build things heavy enough the first time, there is nothing worse then having something brake and bend. It's always hard to get it straightened out braced up. A lot of people probably say I build stuff to heavy, but I figure it's never going to brake and the extra nose weight is nice with the loader off :smilewink:  :thumbs:  :angel:

• KennyP said thank you