Sleeve hitch build for a Kubota G5200

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

• Member No: 13665
  • 549 Thanks
  • 527 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 06:22 PM

From talking to others at shows, the lack of an affordable way to put a rear lift on this series of garden tractors is one reason many skip them.  Even though they are built like a tank, most parts are easily found, maybe not cheaply but fairly easy.  The mower decks are shaft driven.  I am using the brinly adapter for a Simplicity/Allis Chalmers large frame garden tractor.  Its width closely matches the narrow width of the rear end casting.  The rear end of the Kubota is already drilled and tapped for mounting other items and the OEM shaft pto that is rare as hen's teeth.  The brackets I am using come from a stripping roller bar kit for a Cub Cadet Z-Force Commercial ZTR with a fabricated mower deck.  They are fairly thick plate steel and have enough of a flange that I can weld in a gusset if they want to bend under stress of moldboard plowing.  You can see one of the brackets in the picture below.  The other side was a duplicate of the right side to check for overall width.  I have the proper left side bracket on order.  The ones I had on hand were extras from installs as the kit fits different width mower decks.  The rockshaft arms that lift the mower deck are outside the frame under the fender deck. I will be removing it in the next week or so to clean up the tractor.  I believe I can add an arm to the exhisting mower deck arm to allow a bar to reach rearward like a Cub Cadet or Bolens set up.  I will add another arm mount to the Simplicity style brinly adapter for the arm to connect to and pull/push on to lift or lower the adapter.  I have spare shoulder bolts from other tractor projects that should work.  I will take plenty of pics so others can duplicate this and maybe more will take on restoring these early Kubota GT's that are now becoming antiques in thier own right.  This should work on any of the older G series, 3200, 4200, 5200 and 6200.  Mine is a 5200 with manual lift(which has a factory spring assist)   Mike

• wvbuzzmaster, propane1 and toppop52 have said thanks