skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 01:06 PM

To kill the weeds... Deep plow in the fall, just before frost. Harrow in spring, herbicide the heck out of it, then till only where your planting and use plastic mulch with irrigation under it. Then you can preen the rows all you want to keep weeds out, and only feeding your planted rows will really keep them to a minimum.
I till the heck out of my rows to keep slugs at bay, seems to work pretty well as they hate that fluffy dirt.
  • Alc, JD DANNELS and Buck Tales have said thanks

#17 Buck Tales OFFLINE  

Buck Tales
  • Member No: 73140
  • 150 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 09:37 PM

To kill the weeds... Deep plow in the fall, just before frost. Harrow in spring, herbicide the heck out of it, then till only where your planting and use plastic mulch with irrigation under it. Then you can preen the rows all you want to keep weeds out, and only feeding your planted rows will really keep them to a minimum.
I till the heck out of my rows to keep slugs at bay, seems to work pretty well as they hate that fluffy dirt.

For sure! I do the same with irrigation down then cover it with plastic. I can feed water to the plants without watering the weeds and cultivate the rows between.

Attached Thumbnails

• GARDEN 2013 02.jpg