• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bryan 110 OFFLINE  

bryan 110
  • Member No: 52864
  • 196 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 07:55 PM

I just got a case 446 and when we looked at it drive it it moved fine fast normal. Now it will move but it has no power I can hold it while going forward and it barley pulls me. As in I can hold it and it won't move! Any suggestions on what to look into. I'm looking at the manual to see what it has to say also.

Hope we can get this figured out.
  • Dennisjeax said thank you

#2 Arti OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11282
  • 1,266 Thanks
  • 956 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 08:35 PM

Check the Hi low range it is in front of the seat on the left side if it is on the pin that is neutral, also these require regular motor oil usually 15w 40 or something similar not hydraulic oil.

Sometimes if you put the brake on it will stick if it hasn't been used for years and there is a spring that keeps the hydrive direction selector in neutral.

• Cat385B and superaben have said thanks

#3 mtoney OFFLINE  

• Member No: 13665
  • 549 Thanks
  • 527 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 10:09 PM

might need the oil changed, my 220 I used to have had oil that would barely move the tractor, but once drained and filled with Shell Rotella T 15w40 she was very powerfull.  Mike

#4 Delmar OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,257 Thanks
  • 2,383 posts

Posted August 13, 2015 - 12:49 AM

do u have compression in both cylinders?  might have a broken connecting rod, a Onan motor can run on only one cylinder.....or it might just be low on oil. (motor oil, used in place of hydraulic oil on Case tractors)  15W40 works good