8 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 07:24 PM

Got a new system a few months back.  Now have Windows 7 ( unfortunately),  windows Live Mail (Which really sucks),  4 g of ram and have no clue on the other stuff .  All I want to do I add an email address to a contact group.  Took me over a month to figure out how to add ANY email address and about that long to make a group list.  Now I need to add another contact to the group or list or what ever the heck they call it and cannot figure out how it is supposed to be done.  And you wonder why I HATE windows 7?  I wish I had XP back?  Guess I am stuck with 7  so plow forward.  Thanks for any advise you can give me with the stupid system.

Rog

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 08:49 PM

I miss XP too.  That was a very user friendly system.

Ben W.

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 06:14 PM

Guess nobody else knows how to do it either, huh?

#4 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,310 Thanks
  • 4,660 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 06:40 PM

All you have to do is edit the group and add your email address and save the updated group..

• chieffan said thank you

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 07:14 PM

All you have to do is edit the group and add your email address and save the updated group..

Thanks much.  Will give it a try but won't make any promises. This Live Mail is about a complicated as they come as far as I am concerned.

#6 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,701 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 08:17 PM

I can't help you since I have never used it.  The wife has Win 7 installed but we both use web mail so she doesn't have the live mail or at least hasn't used it.

#7 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 07:47 PM

Seems like there is a whole bunch of stuff in icons across the top that are not used, but the things we need and use the most are hid some place in this dumb Live Mail.  If the guy that designed it would have to use it, it would have been trashed long ago.

#8 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,310 Thanks
  • 4,660 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 02:31 PM

Each new version of any Windows crap has the SAME information and tools that the previous version had but it's hidden under new views and formats that make folks lots of $$$ show us dummies where the heck it all went..  

Go to the Contact's page to work with the addresses..  It's all there but you need to root around and find where and how the jerk-wads put it..  Windows 95, 98,  NT, 2008,  Vista,  Windows 7, 8, 9, 10....

Windows Office is pretty much the same thing..  Office 97, 2000, 2003, 2007..  

See a trend there???  Gotta keep us scratching our heads and the support guys busy!!   :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:

#9 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 06:00 PM

Solved the problem permanently!  Trashed Live Mail and now running Thunderbird and starting to like it.  First time it tried it I did not like it at all.  Being forced to use something other than Live Mail, I am starting to like ti now.  Just have a lot of things to figure out with it.  Damn programmers love to hid things make us hunt for them.  Then the next version they change it all again.  What the heck ever happened to KISMIF ?

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you