• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 07:17 PM

put the tank on my b112 and it doesnt want to stay running . pulled petcock ,checked it ,cleaned it ,blew through it .( it still has the filter ) its got good flow . my gas hose is new .

it runs with a simplicity tank hooked to it on a stool ( elevated higher than the original )

when I pull the hose off the carb gas doesnt come out ... when I lower the hose a bit gas comes out ... ????

clean vent hole even tried taking cap off . put the plastic tank back on and strapped it to the side and it works ( and gas comes out the hose )

I am very frustrated at this point ... what else can I do ???

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,745 Thanks
  • 7,517 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 07:33 PM

I've got to suspect a kink or blockage in the hose. I had a problem recently where I put in a new hose a little longer than the original. The extra length made it kink just enough to restrict the flow and kill the engine. Straightening and cutting fixed it. Good Luck, Rick

• propane1 and alec have said thanks

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 08:54 PM

How much gas is in the tank?  This is a gravity flow system.  Sometimes I have some trick me into thinking there is a blockage when really there is just not enough to push fuel through. 

I have also found that some of the shutoff valves stuck up high enough into the tank to not pickup fuel unless you add another quart or so.  My antique tractor is that way, you can never get all the gas out of the tank since the pickup is too high. 

Ben W. 

• MH81, Alc, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#4 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 10:01 PM

I've got to suspect a kink or blockage in the hose. I had a problem recently where I put in a new hose a little longer than the original. The extra length made it kink just enough to restrict the flow and kill the engine. Straightening and cutting fixed it. Good Luck, Rick

totally strait shot , nice angle , no bends , just a nice slow curve

How much gas is in the tank?  This is a gravity flow system.  Sometimes I have some trick me into thinking there is a blockage when really there is just not enough to push fuel through. 

I have also found that some of the shutoff valves stuck up high enough into the tank to not pickup fuel unless you add another quart or so.  My antique tractor is that way, you can never get all the gas out of the tank since the pickup is too high. 

Ben W. 

half tank . thats the part that gets me .  if I lower the hose just an inch gas starts flowing . its like the tank is lower than the carb but it isnt :wallbanging: thought about raising the tank but the shut off valve wont allow for that . hmmm maybe I could lower the carb ??

• superaben said thank you

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 10:44 PM

Inside of hose coming loose and made a 'flapper' that opens when you move it?
Reverse the hose?
  • Alc and alec have said thanks

#6 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 11:23 PM

Inside of hose coming loose and made a 'flapper' that opens when you move it?
Reverse the hose?

hmmmmmm... worth a try for sure