3 replies to this topic

#1 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 01:01 PM

I need 2x complete spindle assemblies for an Ariens EZR zero turn mower or Sierra/High Sierra riding mower with a two blade 42" timed deck.  They take the same spindle assemblies.  I picked up an EZR that was totally missing the spindles except for the toothed pulleys.  The parts are quite pricey new.  I have an aging Sierra riding mower that I would rather not cannibalize to fix the EZR, but may have to go that route.  I would consider an entire deck if anyone has one.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Billy

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 08:55 PM

If you can't find exactly what you want, one of us aftermarket guys can use some measurements of the bolt pattern to maybe match up a will fit replacement.

Ben W.

#3 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted August 13, 2015 - 01:20 PM

Thanks Superaben.  I did consider that.  The spindle setup is a little different with the timed deck.  See pic.  The spindle shaft has a flat plate/disc on top that the toothed pulley attaches to.  I can weld and have access to machine equipment.  I just have to decide if it's worth my time.  It is if I go with new parts.  Ariens is proud of that complete spindle assembly.  I'll post some dimensions if I don't have any luck finding anything.

BillyAttached File  AriensEZRSpindleAssembly.pdf   24.54KB   12 downloads

#4 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 04:00 PM

I'm liking this assembly as it's pretty complete, blade adapter and all.  It would take minimal fabrication to install the toothed pulleys.  My question is...are the mounting flanges the same between Ariens decks?  I can find plenty of dimensions on the assembly, but none on the flange itself.??  Thanks.

https://www.oregonpa...com/82-010.html

82-010_Spindle-Assembly_Ariens_6444200-0

Billy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted