Is This What I think It IS ?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 gopher OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2755
  • 562 Thanks
  • 619 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 08:30 AM

Another often forgotten place for vacuum leak the throttle shaft wear.  

• ClassicBolens and Paulgo have said thanks

#17 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,772 Thanks
  • 4,276 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 07:44 PM

UPDATE:  fired it up after install new drive belts and idler pulley.  Little hard to start, ran rough and was surging.  Got a lot out by adjusting the slow speed jet.  Let it ran a bit and released the idler pulley to engage the hydro.  Engine smooth right out and ran great.  Surprised as all heck.  Only thing I did was cleaned the carb again and sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner through it.  Also put a thin film of high temp gasket maker on the inside of the gasket to manifold surface.  I let this set for about 24 hours before I started it this afternoon.  So possibly there was a leak at the gasket.  I know it does not like to run without a load on it.

Now to get the hydro straightened out.  Have another post for that situation.  Apparently that inside crack in the intake was nothing to be concerned about.  Kind of had be concerned though for a while.  I think I will like this tractor but the hydro is going to have to work a whole better than it dose.  One thing I did not do was run it at full throttle.  I did see that in the Easton 10 service manual so will give that a shot in the morning.

Thanks much for all the suggestion and advise regarding this situation.  What a wonderful site to have people like you guys to help out when a dummy like me gets their tail in the door.

• Paulgo said thank you