OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 03:57 AM

I was asked in a PM over at MTF if there was a way to angle the front blade other than just using the catch and manually moving the blade.

I looked at the Attachment Interchange List and noticed that they show the 19222 Blade Angling Kit.

Doing a Google search I came up with a description:

Bolens made a Blade Angling Kit Model #19222. IT mounted on the blade and had a handle that you twist counter-clockwise to release the latch pin and either push the crank handle forward to angle the blade to the left (in either of two positions) or pull the crank back to angle the blade to the right ( in either of to positions). I don't have one, but the idea of not having to get off the tractor would be nice.

Has anyone ever see one of those or even a manual/parts list for it?

Edited by OldBuzzard, August 11, 2015 - 04:00 AM.

• blackjackjakexxix and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 06:03 AM

Seen one on ebay and thought it was a hoax so passed on it years ago, seen it in some literature I got later on and knew I did something stupid! :wallbanging:

Only seen 1 new one then one guy with a used one on a machine so far......

#3 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 2,144 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 06:13 AM

The # 19222 Mechanical Blade Angling Kit was for use on the # 18305 42" Blade, which was for the XL model tractors.

For the # 18532 Blade, which was for the tube-frame tractors, many of these had holes drilled in the latch and in the upper corners of the blade.  ....A rope was inserted through the hole in the latch and routed back to the user.  ...This would release the spring-loaded latch.

Another rope was tied through the hole on one corner of the blade, looped back around the steering column, and then back to the hole on the opposite end of the blade.  ....Once the latch was released, the blade could be pivoted left-right without getting off the tractor.  ...This was easy to do with the blade lifted off the ground.

When the latch was released, it would lock into one of the notches. 

• Bolens 1000, Husky, OldBuzzard and 3 others have said thanks

#4 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 12:01 PM

The # 19222 Mechanical Blade Angling Kit was for use on the # 18305 42" Blade, which was for the XL model tractors.

For the # 18532 Blade, which was for the tube-frame tractors, many of these had holes drilled in the latch and in the upper corners of the blade.  ....A rope was inserted through the hole in the latch and routed back to the user.  ...This would release the spring-loaded latch.

Another rope was tied through the hole on one corner of the blade, looped back around the steering column, and then back to the hole on the opposite end of the blade.  ....Once the latch was released, the blade could be pivoted left-right without getting off the tractor.  ...This was easy to do with the blade lifted off the ground.

When the latch was released, it would lock into one of the notches. 

Good info, I guess one could get creative and use a pulley instead of the steering column and have a pretty nice setup. 

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#5 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 03:11 PM

There were two brackets and a handle of some sort on the right side of 1054 when I bought it. If you look closely in the picture below you can see it. Is this what you are looking for Old Buzzard? If so drop me a PM, it is of no use to me.

Jim

Attached Thumbnails

• 026.jpg

• OldBuzzard said thank you

#6 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 06:26 PM

The # 19222 Mechanical Blade Angling Kit was for use on the # 18305 42" Blade, which was for the XL model tractors. ..

Maybe so, but it's clearly listed in the TF section as being available for them as well.

There were two brackets and a handle of some sort on the right side of 1054 when I bought it. If you look closely in the picture below you can see it. Is this what you are looking for Old Buzzard? If so drop me a PM, it is of no use to me.

Jim

Sure looks like it may be part of the kit.  It's definitely not the crank for the snowcasters.

Also shows that there was something available for TFs

• Bruce Dorsi, blackjackjakexxix and WrenchinOnIt have said thanks

#7 MrFixit1599 OFFLINE  

MrFixit1599
  • Member No: 10251
  • 71 Thanks
  • 71 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 06:41 PM

The blade that came with my 1050 is set up with the holes and ropes.  One rope to release the latch, the other to angle the blade from the seat.  Works well enough.

#8 ClassicBolens ONLINE  

ClassicBolens
  • Member No: 48806
  • 959 Thanks
  • 379 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 09:14 PM

The 19222 blade angling kit, although originally offered for the 19220 54" blade on the QS/QT tractors - and the 18305 42" blade for the XL Medium Frame tractors. It will work on virtually any of the manual angle blades from the Tubeframe thru to the Largeframes. I should have a parts manual for it somewhere. If so, I'll scan it and upload it to the manuals section when I get a chance.

I've had a few of these kits over the years. I'll have to check, as I may have one new still. Pretty handy set up.
  • Bolens 1000, OldBuzzard, LPBolens and 3 others have said thanks

#9 ClassicBolens ONLINE  

ClassicBolens
  • Member No: 48806
  • 959 Thanks
  • 379 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 11:30 PM

I have attached the 19222 Blade Angling Kit Parts Manual here.

Attached Files

• Bolens 1000, OldBuzzard, Bruce Dorsi and 2 others have said thanks