• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lil misfit OFFLINE  

lil misfit
  • Member No: 73638
  • 2 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted August 07, 2015 - 11:15 AM

Picked up 575 super a few days ago , had one wheel off of it but the owner had a few sets of spares there so we put one on and got it on the trailer. Ended up with a bunch of implements, a pair of hoods, and some extra tires and rims by the time it was over. For the price I thought it was a good deal. So I get to looking at the tires and 2 are 15 inch with light blue paint. I was under the impression dbs all had 16 inch rims, so were these for a specific model ? They are identical to the 16s other than color. Any thoughts ?

#2 dblover OFFLINE  

dblover
  • Member No: 73516
  • 266 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted August 07, 2015 - 11:34 AM

The DB's after 1~951 had 15" tires, which reduced their walking speed. 

I have no idea why some 15" rims are blue unless taken off a DB suburban tractor rather than a walk behind.   I just won a blue 15" and 16"green wheel on ebay.  They have the proper 3 lug on 5x5.5" bolt pattern.

• lil misfit said thank you

#3 IWLBCNU OFFLINE  

IWLBCNU

• Member No: 5214
  • 120 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted August 10, 2015 - 09:15 AM

All 16" DB rims are green, but depending on model and year the 15" rims were green, blue, yellow, or white.

• Alc and lil misfit have said thanks

#4 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 08:13 PM

Picked up 575 super a few days ago , had one wheel off of it but the owner had a few sets of spares there so we put one on and got it on the trailer. Ended up with a bunch of implements, a pair of hoods, and some extra tires and rims by the time it was over. For the price I thought it was a good deal. So I get to looking at the tires and 2 are 15 inch with light blue paint. I was under the impression dbs all had 16 inch rims, so were these for a specific model ? They are identical to the 16s other than color. Any thoughts ?

The blue 15" ones are what came on the Super 575.
  • dblover and lil misfit have said thanks