• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted August 07, 2015 - 06:43 AM

Do they have a record of the labels they SENT?
If they do, you can track them with fed ex or UPS and tell the idiots that not only did they get them, but they forgot to dot the I in their name.
If they don't, not certain where to go from there, but BBB MIT find the fact that they don't as a point in your favor.
  • boyscout862, oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#17 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted August 07, 2015 - 07:08 AM

They already told me they have no record of my labels being received.  They said "there is nothing we can do, we simply have no record of your equipment being returned to us, so therefore you owe us for the equipment you did not return"

If you know the approximate date you sent the items back the carrier has those shipping labels scanned in their system and should be retrievable.

• boyscout862 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#18 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted August 07, 2015 - 07:32 AM

Do they have a record of the labels they SENT?
If they do, you can track them with fed ex or UPS and tell the idiots that not only did they get them, but they forgot to dot the I in their name.
If they don't, not certain where to go from there, but BBB MIT find the fact that they don't as a point in your favor.

Exactly.  Leave no stone unturned.  Sometimes these people need a little "help" in what to do.  Oh, they know what to do but they are not about to volunteer anything.  If you don't bring it up, neither will they.  I wouldn't doubt that they are running down a whole list of things that you could do to resolve this situation in their head while they are talking to you.  In the end though, they really want that money because they have dug deep enough to know that they "could" get it.  It's a real pain in the butt but you really do need to be vigilant here.  Can you tell that I don't hold these companies in high regard?  Put it this way, our local cable company does not have a customer service department, they have a customer retention department!

Edited by David Brown, August 07, 2015 - 07:35 AM.

• boyscout862 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#19 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted August 07, 2015 - 03:05 PM

My credit rating is total crap.  Not only do I not have any positives on my rating, I now have negatives.

Back in '06 I got hurt at work and my employer at the time didn't want to turn in a work comp claim.  The employer was just paying the doctor bills hoping I'd get better.  Well,  they paid the first two weeks of bills and kind of forgot them the last 4 years of doctor visits.  The company doctor put me on light duty and as retalliation, my bosshole made sure I did everything the Dr. said not to do.  Then the employer didn't pay my medical bills and things got real ugly.  I started getting collection calls every day or two. 

When I went to court for my comp case I told the judge what they had done. The judge wasn't happy! 

I told the judge it really wasn't a big deal as I was 40 [by the time the case settled] and I'd never borrowed money and didn't figure on borrowing any for the next 40. 

• MH81, Delmar, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#20 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,795 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted August 08, 2015 - 09:19 AM

The only one who will do a good job of looking out for you, is YOU! Many of our laws a written so that you have to activily defend your rights and your property or someone else can rob you legally. This is especially true in land law.

I went on line to the credit bureaus and put warnings on my accounts because two companies that I deal with were hacked. Its free and just protects your privacy better.

The complaints about cable are not new. In the 60s the big monopoly was Ma Bell. There was a movie "The Presidents' Analyst" done as a spoof of the James Bond movies. Here the phone company(TPC) is the big evil organization out to controll the world. I still enjoy watching it. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, August 08, 2015 - 11:38 AM.

• MH81, grnspot110, David Brown and 2 others have said thanks

#21 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,869 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted August 09, 2015 - 06:58 PM

My credit rating is total crap.  Not only do I not have any positives on my rating, I now have negatives.
Back in '06 I got hurt at work and my employer at the time didn't want to turn in a work comp claim.  The employer was just paying the doctor bills hoping I'd get better.  Well,  they paid the first two weeks of bills and kind of forgot them the last 4 years of doctor visits.  The company doctor put me on light duty and as retalliation, my bosshole made sure I did everything the Dr. said not to do.  Then the employer didn't pay my medical bills and things got real ugly.  I started getting collection calls every day or two. 
When I went to court for my comp case I told the judge what they had done. The judge wasn't happy! 
I told the judge it really wasn't a big deal as I was 40 [by the time the case settled] and I'd never borrowed money and didn't figure on borrowing any for the next 40.

I have no credit rating either. We always tried to budget for the things we knew we would need to replace,(vehicles etc.) and saved until we had enough on hand (in the bank) to make a purchase. Thought that staying out of debt/not borrowing, was the thing to do. Turns out now you're supposed to go into debt , pay something off or trade it in as a downpayment and just keep rotating the debt. That supposedly gives you a credit rating. The dealerships make more money charging interest than if you just pay for something outright. They try to discourage cash sales. Rotten system IMO.
  • Gtractor, grnspot110, Bmerf and 1 other said thanks

#22 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted August 09, 2015 - 11:14 PM

... Rotten system IMO.

Agree.

• grnspot110, Team_Green and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#23 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,652 Thanks
  • 7,677 posts

Posted August 10, 2015 - 07:42 AM

My wife paid the phone bill once at the office. She put it in the drop box outside. It has this funky rotating door like a mail box. Then she gets this late payment notice. She calls and says she paid. They say she didn't. There was a war of words for a month until the company found that the payment was stuck in the drop box door. You can't make this stuff up!

• MH81, grnspot110, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#24 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted August 10, 2015 - 11:53 AM

My wife paid the phone bill once at the office. She put it in the drop box outside. It has this funky rotating door like a mail box. Then she gets this late payment notice. She calls and says she paid. They say she didn't. There was a war of words for a month until the company found that the payment was stuck in the drop box door. You can't make this stuff up!

My sister has same issue. My dad co-signed for her.husband a business, they went under but she finished paying off the loan, double payments every month. Since dad was co-signer and he worked at the bank, they called him. Found out she was using a drop box and whoever was getting payments wasn't recording them properly. She used a teller after that.

• MH81, oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#25 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 03:21 AM

The MRS. does lots of craft projects.  There is a craft supplier that is called "collections".  They send catalogs in the snail mail most every week and every day when I open email I have mail marked "collections"   :(   Its not past due bills,  it craft crap.

• MH81 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#26 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • Member No: 68585
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 10:22 AM

Here's a good one. My wife bought a new car a little before we met, we married a year later. We paid the car off early and had title in hand from the bank along with the loan documents stamped paid.

A few months later we decided to drop the full coverage and save some money on the insurance. A couple of weeks after doing that I get a call from the bank telling me that the insurance company called and informed them we had dropped full coverage on the car and the lady reminded me the it is a contractual agreement that full coverage be on the car. If I didn't reinstate the coverage they would repo the car.

My wife was standing there the whole time and she about flipped when I told the bank go ahead and send the tow truck.

I went on to tell the lady that I would sue her, the bank and anyone else the lawyer felt he could and have her arrested for theft. I then told her it would be in her best interest to check the status of the loan. She hung up.

I got a call from the bank manager a couple of hours later apologizing for the whole ordeal and he hoped it didn't hurt our relationship, I informed him that since they couldn't manage a simple loan status that I couldn't be sure they could manage my savings and checking and would be by in a day or so to rectify that problem. I also let my insurance company have it too, with both barrels so to speak.

As others have said you have to stand up for yourself because no one else will.

• Gtractor, MH81, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#27 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,869 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 03:52 PM

We are being forced to have our government pension cheques direct deposited, which I strongly resent. Now who's to prove they even deposited it if there is no record and it doesn't show up on my statement? At least when it was mailed to us we could check it out and have concrete proof of a mistake. Computers are only as accurate as the person running the program, but---- the computer is always right! Just try getting a correction made when a mistake does crop up.
  • MH81, Cvans and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#28 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 09:08 PM

I am majorly against direct deposit. My work only will direct deposit now.

I liked taking my check to the bank. Putting x dollars in checking x in cash and x on savings. I liked it. Now I just have a debit card and rarely carry cash
  • oldedeeres and haykarenhardy have said thanks

#29 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 09:45 PM

Was at my last job 10 years. They kept informing me I needed to cash my paychecks.  I always said.  "but my glovebox will hold a few more"   They paid us every other week.    One time I had 10 paychecks in my glovebox.   They wouldn't give me the 11th paycheck until I cashed at least 8 of the other 10.   Right after that they started offering direct deposit with a very strong persuasion to take "advantage" of it.  

I respectfully declined.

SO,  They made the people that got an actual paycheck wait two days longer than the people that got direct deposit.  Most had a fit and signed up on the spot.  Had to have their money NOW!!    I told them whats two days when I'm apt to have 6 months worth in my glovebox? 

Some people have no sense of humor.  :(

• wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#30 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 07:34 AM

Direct deposit was thrust upon us when our last book keeper/office manager used the words "Me" and "retire" in the same train of thought.
My boss said he didnt have the patience to write the checks and deal with the endless mistakes he would make.

So, we have a bi weekly pay now. And less control of our money.
Not that I've had much since saying "I Do"...
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you