Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 05, 2015 - 06:41 PM

WTF IS THIS ??? its like concrete . It must be global warming
attachicon.gifp_00007.jpg
attachicon.gifp_00008.jpg

Lime deposits. Alcohol will absorb water. Look at the contents of Heet, a fuel additive used to absorb water in your fuel tank and prevent gas line freeze. Rarely will you see it that bad. But I have seen the lime deposits from fuel absorbed water I might add that I have never had to use Heet since I started using ethanol.

Now having ran ethanol since the gas shortage in the 70s, I am not the one to get into a discussion about ethanol.

Edited by JD DANNELS, August 05, 2015 - 07:19 PM.

• sodisr, propane1 and alec have said thanks

#3 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted August 06, 2015 - 08:49 AM

Alec,,,   Had a similar situation on my Holly 4 bbl.  It was more like a large snow-flake of white crap.  When I accelerated it would get sucked up to the needle and cause it to bog.. It was a tough one to figure out.  Took the bowls off and there it was..It also started to eat at the aluminum  bowls.. I could pinch the flake and it would turn to powder.. Was told it was the ethenal blend in our gas...

• alec said thank you

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted August 06, 2015 - 09:33 AM

Ethanol is nasty!

• alec said thank you

#5 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted August 06, 2015 - 09:52 AM

Alec,,,   Had a similar situation on my Holly 4 bbl.  It was more like a large snow-flake of white crap.  When I accelerated it would get sucked up to the needle and cause it to bog.. It was a tough one to figure out.  Took the bowls off and there it was..It also started to eat at the aluminum  bowls.. I could pinch the flake and it would turn to powder.. Was told it was the ethenal blend in our gas...

when I took the hs needle out the hole was full of it , when I tried to blow it out bubbles came out the side of the casing .had to drill out the needle . hoping I can use the top half to replace one with stripped mounting holes . the float still floats . but it munched on the casing pretty good

#6 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,317 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted August 06, 2015 - 11:07 AM

My ford 3000 carb was like that when I got it. Fuel bowl on the carb was full of the flakey stuff. The sediment bowl was full of yogurt and the fuel tank turned to goo and flash rusted. I had to replace the carb because it corroded so bad the bowl had pin holes in it
  • alec said thank you