#1 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted August 04, 2015 - 06:27 PM

Hey everyone,

Picked me up this here CASE 120 over the weekend. Hasn't run in many years according to the PO. I got it off the trailer and had it running in a short time. By running, I'm talking about squirting fuel in the carb to see if it actually would run. Pretty happy with that. 

Question I have is. Does anyone know of a good source of information or articles on this tractor? (Owners manuals- service manual) I've looked around on the site and haven't found much on the 120..... Are they undesirable, or rare, or.........?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1880.JPG
  • IMG_1881.JPG
  • IMG_1882.JPG
  • IMG_1883.JPG
  • IMG_1887.JPG

• Gtractor, Alc, Traill95 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 Diesel1050 ONLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 342 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted August 04, 2015 - 08:03 PM

Very desireable, incredibly rare!
  • zippy1 said thank you

#3 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 971 Thanks
  • 585 posts

Posted August 04, 2015 - 08:14 PM

That's cool but the belt looks like it eats calves and jeans for dinner.
  • Alc, HANKG, zippy1 and 1 other said thanks

#4 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,863 Thanks
  • 2,786 posts

Posted August 04, 2015 - 09:07 PM

That's a cool tractor not going to see a lot of them, looks pretty complete except for old Abe the eagle badge on the front can find on ebay do me a favor and kick Scott Walker in the cojones for me and  I'll kick Chris Christie for you deal ?

• zippy1 said thank you

#5 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted August 04, 2015 - 10:44 PM

Parts manual is still hot so be careful:

http://gardentractor...rts-manual-ipl/

I'll check on what I might have for an operators manual.   Seems like I should have one because I remember researching a 120.

That's a cool tractor not going to see a lot of them, looks pretty complete except for old Abe the eagle badge on the front can find on ebay do me a favor and kick Scott Walker in the cojones for me and  I'll kick Chris Christie for you deal ?

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Could I kick my governor too or is it a game only two can play at?  :smilewink:

Ben W.

• OldBuzzard, Alc, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#6 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted August 04, 2015 - 11:01 PM

Another gearshift model like my 210, don't see many of them either, do you have an operators manual for a 210 Ben?

#7 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,608 posts

Posted August 05, 2015 - 05:16 AM

Pretty nice machine !!   What is that belt for on the LH side ?  Rear PTO ?

#8 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted August 05, 2015 - 05:41 AM

The 120 was made for the '66 model year and only that year. It has a Peerless rear end which is belt driven (that's the belt you see on the driver's side). It sold for $817.00 including the clutch.  The hitch you see on the rear was an extra $1.95. The mower deck was priced at $169.50.

Yours is a later production 120 as it has 5 bolt rear hubs. It is still quite collectible. Ten years ago they were very scarce. But with the growth of our hobby they have appeared on the market more often. Yours appears to be very restorable. The parts you need are pretty easy to locate. The decal set is available from Maple-Hunter.

Parts, Owner's, and Service Manuals are available.

I am currently restoring one, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

• Alc, HANKG, Oldford and 1 other said thanks

#9 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted August 05, 2015 - 07:51 AM

Love the old CASE hoods

• zippy1 said thank you

#10 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted August 05, 2015 - 10:02 PM

Thanks very much everyone, ALL information is greatly appreciated. 

I'm into Cub Cadet's, restoring a Original now, but when this one was spotted on C.L. I just had to check it out...... And bring it home.

Worked on the steering today. The steering lever had the bolt broke off, so got it apart and am going to weld in a new bolt and go through the housing and tube assembly and check out the bearings and retainers. Re-pack the cam with grease, and have steering in it again.

I need to remove and clean out the fuel tank, and change the engine oil.......you know, the normal things that need to be done then see how it moves and go from there.

I had no idea they were rather rare, just knew it was another tractor calling for me to bring it home. And who was I to argue? :D

I do need a belt guard, but haven't found anything. Would also like to find the emblem and correct grill.. Does anyone have a good source for parts? 

Thanks again.

#11 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted August 06, 2015 - 05:54 AM

Call Steve Guider 937-363-3523. He had some belt guards made a while ago. Not sure if he has any left. Same for the grille. But he may be able to restock. It may take some time, but that will give you time to get the restoration underway. He will have the correct original muffler as well.

Old Abe emblems show up on ebay regularly. There are several sources for reproductions.

Since you are into cubs you know about the Ross steering box and where to find parts.

You will likely find water when you drain the rear end. The gearshift design allowed water to run right down the lever into the housing.

You may be interested to know that in '66 Colt offered the 2110 which was nearly identical to your 120 except for the Tecumseh engine and the accompanying parts.

• zippy1 said thank you

#12 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 06, 2015 - 05:45 PM

Nice find! The muffler/pipe on it now is a Case OEM replacement set up.  Steve had the factory original exhaust reproduced as well.  Most Cases's were the of the Hydrive variety, so the gear drives are fairly rare to see.  Once not as desirable being a manual transmission, now they are.  Now you have tractors from the two brands that later merged to make up CaseIH.  Cheers  Mike

• zippy1 said thank you

#13 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted August 06, 2015 - 06:37 PM

Thanks guys. Hope I didn't mislead anyone, but this isn't going to be a restoration. Just looking to get everything in "working" order, and looking like it's supposed to. Not another restoration any time soon...

Here's todays steering repair. Bearings were in good condition, so after repairing the bolt it was more of a cleaning and grease repacking. Steers like a dream now.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1914.JPG
  • IMG_1915.JPG
  • IMG_1918.JPG
  • IMG_1919.JPG
  • IMG_1923.JPG
  • IMG_1926.JPG
  • IMG_1927.JPG

• EricR said thank you