#1 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted August 02, 2015 - 08:49 PM

Well seems that way. So, my Deere 420 drops a cylinder. I go to grab my backup mower. I fire up the 16 and proceed to mount the deck to handle mowing till I sort my primary out. For some reason or another I can't get the belt to tighten enough. Seems like belt is too long even though it's what agco calls for. I've been over the deck mounting to no success. Tensioner moves great but seems to bottom out before tightening the belt. Anyone have a pic or some assistance here? Maybe a pulley is too small. I don't know.

Eric

Edited by dropped82, August 02, 2015 - 08:53 PM.

#2 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted August 02, 2015 - 09:05 PM

Can you post a picture of your setup?

• dropped82 said thank you

#3 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted August 02, 2015 - 09:26 PM

I just came in for bed but I matched it to what I can see in the Agco parts book online. Belt I got is what they say. 92x1/2. It's been an aggravating weekend needless to say. It also seems the deck lifts crooked. Doesn't seem there are any different ways I can mount this thing. Only other thing I can guess is maybe one of the pulleys is too small. The idler were around 4.5" and the pto was around 6". Sorry, wish I had more haha. I gotta get up early so I will post some pics tomorrow. If you by chance have any pics, maybe I can notice some differences I'm not catching. Thanks

Eric

Edited by dropped82, August 02, 2015 - 09:28 PM.

• MH81 said thank you