• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 FixItCharlie OFFLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • Member No: 47950
  • 361 Thanks
  • 259 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 08:29 PM

I had  the same problem when I had run the fuel line under the float bowl. I have no explanation why but moving the fuel over the top of the carburetor seemed to cure this. If you look at the way fuel line was originally run it is over the carburetor.  

Charlie

• case1man and jeb2 have said thanks

#17 jeb2 OFFLINE  

jeb2
  • Member No: 69448
  • 9 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 03:05 PM

Ok I think I am making some progress. Today I moved the fuel line to feed over the top of the carb, set the points gap to .020" which made the timing correct with a timing light. I opened the carb main fuel needle valve to where it just began to run rougher, then closed it slightly to where it smoothed out. I was hoping to allow the engine to run cooler by running a richer fuel mixture. Gapped the spark plug to .025" and ran the tractor without the side panel on the left side. I was able to run for 25 minutes(I had to stop mowing to go to work) with no hiccups. I will give feedback next week on how a full 2 hour run will go. Thanks for all your suggestions and feedback!!!

• case1man said thank you

#18 jeb2 OFFLINE  

jeb2
  • Member No: 69448
  • 9 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 10:55 AM

I have had 2 good runs with this tractor of about 2 hours each time. The last one was in 90+ degree weather so I think the stalling issues are cured. Thanks to all who offered suggestions!!

• KennyP, TomLGT195, case1man and 1 other said thanks

#19 ChopRod OFFLINE  

ChopRod
  • Member No: 50072
  • 52 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 10:59 AM

I added a see-thru filter and new fuel shut-off to a couple of my LGT's this summer. Seems the filter was never full off fuel even after making sure it was full of gas and attaching to the carb. Similar problems. Eliminated the filter and now running fine. Wouldn't think it would make that much difference but it did.

• case1man said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ford garden tractor