• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • Member No: 61561
  • 605 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted August 01, 2015 - 07:23 PM

Is anyone else having issues with the throttle plate bushing packaged with these kits not being the correct one? This is the kit to rebuild the older L80 carbs on the 800/850/900 tractors.
I bought 2 of these kits last year and I had to reuse the old dried out crumbling bushing since the ones that came with the kits are too big. If I try to use them the throttle plate shaft struggles to operate and won't return to idle.
I have has no issues with the LQ33 kits for the L63 carbs on the 1050's.

Edited by chubien, August 01, 2015 - 07:24 PM.

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,806 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted August 01, 2015 - 07:35 PM

Are you talking about aftermarket kits? Where did they come from? Good Luck, Rick

#3 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • 605 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted August 01, 2015 - 07:38 PM

Yes aftermarket kits.
I bought a bunch of parts from tubeframes last year, including the 3 rebuild kits and also a rebuilt L80 from him. Even his rebuilt carb was not working properly with the same problem.
  • superaben said thank you

#4 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted August 01, 2015 - 10:15 PM

That gets to be the problem with the aftermarket stuff,alot of it out there,unfortunately sometimes no choise,the original factory stuff long gone,there is still some New Wisconsin parts still out there,maybe a little pricey though

Edited by blackjackjakexxix, August 01, 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#5 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • 605 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted August 02, 2015 - 07:48 AM

Since then i managed to get a nos teledyne kit with the correct bushing on eBay.

I was just wondering if these aftermarket kits are from the same supplier or if the different vendors deal with different suppliers.

Yesterday I also picked up a nos L80 for 55$!

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted August 02, 2015 - 08:23 AM

Should have checked with me first! :poke:

Can get you Genuine factory replacements that are still made today, many guys will tell you factory parts for these engines are obsolete but that is simply not the case

Aftermarket stuff can be good if the seller knows what he is doing but many guys want to sell parts but not many know what they are doing or test the stuff before selling it.

A genuine LQ40 runs around $50 , I think tubeframe sell's his kits for like $15 bucks if I remember right LOL

• Chubien said thank you

#7 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • 605 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted August 02, 2015 - 11:17 AM

Well these parts were bought a while ago, before I was a member of this forum so I wasn't aware of all my options at the time.

What is your opinion in the head gaskets for these engines? this is another issue that I have is they don't seem to hold up (aftermarket). Would the Wisconsin genuine gaskets be of a better quality?
  • Bolens 1000 and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#8 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted August 02, 2015 - 12:19 PM

Well these parts were bought a while ago, before I was a member of this forum so I wasn't aware of all my options at the time.

What is your opinion in the head gaskets for these engines? this is another issue that I have is they don't seem to hold up (aftermarket). Would the Wisconsin genuine gaskets be of a better quality?

You can still get the head gaskets ($8.99) , but the new Wisconsin ones are also a composite graphoil material. Some of the old iron clad gaskets used to be made with some asbestos so the safety police forced many companies to make the softer gaskets.

I have never used aftermarket gaskets so I cant compare quality