1 reply to this topic

#1 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,426 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:39 PM

My good friend had built a forklift based on a 1614. He has done a real nice job of making a very usable piece of equipment , sorry I do not have pictures of the completed forklift as it is right now (I will get some,:rolleyes: it hardly sits still long enough to take anything other than action shots.) It has proven to be the favorite piece to use because of its traction, small size and great maneuverability. It is not without minor issues that we are currently working on. First is the fact that it is setup on the standard PK, set up as a tractor , operator sits facing forward as normal, second is that most gear selections are in the forward gears, so with a stiff neck from turning around all the time,He and I decided to reverse the operator platform and ring gear to make the lift have the full gear section in the other direction. The first problem with that plan was that we could not flop the ring gear on the 1614's original rear end, so we end up with a model A ford rear out of old PK donor tractor, frame rotted out, among many other problems, so dont shoot us. The PK s with this rear end, I don't believe ever came with the option of tandem transmissions, because the pinion shaft went all the way to the first transmission, about 1' and a half. We had to cut the pinion weld ,true and turn it back down . then we had to make a new custom drive shaft tube. Here are a few picts. to show progress this far. Also note that the running forklift is still complete, because we are doing the new build on another PK frame. This is a as time permits project so my posts maybe a little here and a little there. Shawn barn junk 039.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• barn junk 038.jpg
  • barn junk 041.jpg
  • barn junk 040.jpg
  • barn junk 042.jpg

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts