• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lil misfit OFFLINE  

lil misfit
  • Member No: 73638
  • 2 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 07:09 AM

Hi all, new to this forum . Love the amount and variety of ideas and info here. I just piced up another db 2 wheeler last night ,a 5751 super for another garden machine. Its in vg cond but the owner had several other machines some planet jrs and simplicitys. These were all part of his dads collection of toys, some in better shape than others. There is a simplicity culti-cutter that's in great shape that he wants to sell , but I have no idea a fair price to give him. Any help would be great.

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 07:34 AM

:welcometogttalk: :camera: would help!

• Lauber1 and lil misfit have said thanks

#3 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 07:35 AM

Welcome to GTTalk !!!   Looking forward to seeing your collection

• lil misfit said thank you

#4 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,722 Thanks
  • 4,282 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 07:39 AM

Welcome to the forum. The culti-cutter is the single wheeler, right? What engine does it have? the model U Briggs will bring more than the Lauson version simply for engine value alone. Price is whatever you feel comfortable with.

• lil misfit said thank you

#5 lil misfit OFFLINE  

lil misfit
  • 2 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 08:06 AM

Thanks guys, will have to get some pics from the owner asap. Hes about an hour away. I am 90% sure it has the briggs on it. No rust other than the imp, with original paint and decals. Not something that I would want to work ,but I don't get out to the shows so its something that would just end up in storage. Can't find much on them, are there still a lot around ?

Thanks guys, will have to get some pics from the owner asap. Hes about an hour away. I am 90% sure it has the briggs on it. No rust other than the imp, with original paint and decals. Not something that I would want to work ,but I don't get out to the shows so its something that would just end up in storage. Can't find much on them, are there still a lot around ? Yes it is the single wheeler.

Edited by lil misfit, July 31, 2015 - 08:08 AM.

• Alc said thank you

#6 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 10:08 AM

The Culti-Cutter was the first Simplicity model, followed shortly thereafter by the Model A (same machine).  The Culti-Cutter should be a '40-'41 ish machine, and the Model A was built into '43.  Prior to that, they were branded as the Wards Culti-Mower, beginning in '37.

The Wards used a Lauson RLC...the Simplicity, the Model U, and I have also heard of them using the RLC and Briggs WI.  The U is the collector's choice on the Simplicity branded machines, and these tractors become engine value plus about $100-300, depending on condition and attachments.

• Alc and lil misfit have said thanks

#7 lil misfit OFFLINE  

lil misfit
  • 2 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 10:54 AM

Thanks mrg, I was thinking it should go in the 2-300 range as to the shape and as you said the older engines are getting to be collector items themselves.

#8 Kilroy OFFLINE  

Kilroy
  • Member No: 74706
  • 7 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 04:53 PM

Any pics