Garden Tractor Forums banner

New guy lost

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  HDWildBill 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 1617 power king tractor, transmission already a part, the disk that ride on splined shaft are worn out ; how do I get these parts, also the 6 pins are broke off , are these pins replaceable and new ones pressed back in or do I have to replace with new part. Also I seen on the forum that the clutches on this tractor are the weak part on these tractors, I paid 3 hundred for tractor should I not put any more money in this thing and let it die,or will a new clutch last. Motor runs great, I want to find front loader and get rid of bob cat, will only pick up saw dust with front loader nothing real heavy, Thanks for your help. poky

#4 ·
Not the greatest model PKs. Hydro's were ok. Trans and clutches go bad on these . Mission Manu in S. Indiana has new parts, won't be any good used ones. They sell whole clutch pak with newer changes, best bet. Pricey items. Should also check input shafts on Trans going into clutch. It is often loose, bearing and seal shot, and oil in clutch is one of big problems then. My opinion, keep or fix the Bobcat!

#7 ·
:wave: Welcome to the forum! Pics will help folks see what you are talking about!

#8 ·
Welcome to GTTalk. 300$ isn't much to have into a Garden Tractor these days. Price up the new parts you need and if it's too much for you there is sure to be someone who will take it off your hands.

Reactions: WNYTractorTinkerer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.