4 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,500 posts

Posted July 30, 2015 - 07:00 PM

Upcoming auction of a large private motorcycle collection. Mostly Honda but others are included. Ivan and Clyde were good friends of mine years ago. Ivan and his wife Isolda and daughter Peatrie (sp), my wife at the time and I along with several other friends rode many miles on any given Sunday. Most Sunday trips included a breakfast stop then on to parts unknown to end up back in Greenfield, and a couple hundred miles later.

And there was our annual New Years Day ride to Missouri, weather permitting. If it was 20° or above and no ice or snow on the roads, Ivan and a couple others would ride 30 miles East to I 35 and then South another 70 miles into Mo. Eat lunch and ride back home again. Just to be able to say we rode out of state on New Years Day. I had the pleasure to ride with them on a few occasions.

I knew Ivan had a big collection and only saw a small part of it once as it was under cover. This auction will be conducted by one of the largest auction companies in the Midwest and will include on line bidding. Be fore warned, prices will be high and most likely will include a buyers premium. How about a 1985 Honda Gl 1200 Limited Edition with 4, four, miles on it. I remember when That bike was delivered to the shop. It sat on the show room floor for several years, then went to Ivan's collection.

check it out here: VanDerBrinkAuctions.com

Auction will be in Greenfield, Iowa on September 6th, 2015. If I can help anyone out with securing a purchase please make the arrangements and let me know. I am only about 30 miles from the auction site.

Edited by chieffan, July 30, 2015 - 07:26 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Cvans and 5 others have said thanks

#2 tiretrx ONLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 931 Thanks
  • 679 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 10:15 AM

In a word...Wow!! What a collection. I truly wish it were closer. I'm a Honda fan and that's a lot of history there. Thanks for the link!

Will Mike and Frank be there do you think? :smilewink:

• chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,500 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 07:36 PM

I sent them the link Just in case.

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,500 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 08:04 PM

In a word...Wow!! What a collection. I truly wish it were closer. I'm a Honda fan and that's a lot of history there. Thanks for the link!

Will Mike and Frank be there do you think? :smilewink:

You can sign up and bid on line.  Don't have to be there to buy something.  Any one on this site that wins something  and makes the arrangements with the auction company, I can haul and store inside at no charge till they can make arrangements to get it. 

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,500 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 12:06 AM

One big problem with the GL1200.  Once you ride it down the street you have a 30 year bike with no warranty.  May not bring all that much.