• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • Member No: 61561
  • 605 Thanks
  • 382 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 09:04 PM

You're right Bruce, the hood can't be opened when the chipper is installed. I ran out of fuel and had to remove the belt to allow for the chipper box to flip to fill her up.
Not so practical when you have a lot to chip and you have an oil burner like mine. Had to fill her up twice to make 30cu/ft of mulch.

So I guess the shredder that is for sale on CL is a 12P, looks like a more capable unit.
  • MH81 said thank you

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted August 01, 2015 - 07:04 AM

You're right Bruce, the hood can't be opened when the chipper is installed. I ran out of fuel and had to remove the belt to allow for the chipper box to flip to fill her up.
Not so practical when you have a lot to chip and you have an oil burner like mine. Had to fill her up twice to make 30cu/ft of mulch.

So I guess the shredder that is for sale on CL is a 12P, looks like a more capable unit.

Wow, thanks for mentioning that. When I get around to doing something with mine, I will take that into account

#18 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted August 03, 2015 - 04:57 AM

Thanks for sharing the video. We did hang my shredder on the front of the 1053 to go to a show but never hooked it up to run. It's been awhile but as I recall opening the hood was an issue with mine also. Still a really neat attachment.

• Alc said thank you