New engine for the Springfield

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nxt2doc OFFLINE  

• Member No: 66603
  • 622 Thanks
  • 330 posts

Posted July 29, 2015 - 06:06 PM

Well I have been on the prowl for an 8 hp electric start Brigg for my Springfield 36. Would love to have t Koehler & hp but that's not real likely to happen in my world. Buuuut last night while washing fire trucks in preparation for our annual Watermelon Festival parade, I get a call from a Cubby. He's this buddy of mine that lives in the next even smaller town Johnson. He has this neat little Homelite that he picked up. He's pretty proud of it and all. I mention that I am still looking for an engine for my Springfield and he pipes up and says "well I've got that one sitting out back. Its been out side for a while but it ran when they took it off of whatever it came off of. That was the point where I decided that Isabella and I needed a break from washing trucks. 15 minutes later I'm at Cubby's house getting the 10 cent tour of his new Homelite.. Long story short, well I guess not really at this point, I got me my motor and he let me have it for what he had in it, Nothing. Its got good compression but I'm sure it will need a t least  good carb cleaning and oil change. Got the other motor pulled and set this one in place to check the fit. going to set in there real nice it seems.  Yeah for me.

While I'm here I'm going to give a shout out to the admins and ask for a Springfield page. Not sure how difficult a deal it is. I know there are not as many of them as other brands, but a little love for the Springfield's would be nice.

• Gtractor, wvbuzzmaster, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 29, 2015 - 07:16 PM

Glad you found an engine.

As for a Springfield forum section. I asked for them to be added in to Wheelhorse / Toro since Toro bought them out. So far no change made.