• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SARG OFFLINE  

SARG

• Member No: 1696
  • 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 09:38 AM

Well ... the settlement checks were supposed to be sent before April Fool's Day.

Has anyone received one ?

I have the two confirmation numbers provided back in April last year but notice that no updates have been made to the site. Annoying as hell that the lawyers can just let the deadline go by with no updates posted.

I suspect that means they are way behind or they deem my claims not valid or another lawyers scam.

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 09:52 AM

I am not sure I knew anything about this lawsuit. I am one that gets a little irritated with all of the class action lawsuits that you hear about as they pretty much don't benefit anyone but the lawyers that are proceeding with it. I know there are other benefits like getting the manufacturers or whoever is at fault to change their ways.
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#3 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:59 PM

Is that the one over mis stated engine horsepower?

#4 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 05:38 AM

I was suppose to get a $75 check from JD over the horsepower one but I denied it, I thought it was a crock of poop. I didn't care if my mower was 19 hp or 17.5 hp. However, one point George brought up that I hadn't thought about; It does hold the companies accountable.

#5 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 02:43 PM

The sad thing about a law suit on the major company's is that in the end, the little if any settlement that you receive, will end up being a increase in your next purchase. Lying and number fudging has been know to increase sales for years, It is up to the purchaser to do the necessary research on what we are purchasing. If horse power is your goal, dyno it, or trust the results of whoever did. I am not at all happy with the fake hp race myself, my way of dealing with it is, running old equipment; I understand the pita it is to be told one thing,and receive another. It is my belief that the people of the world would be better off learning from there mistakes, instead of we made a mistake , and it was not my fault, I was misled ,they are going to pay for this. It is sad times when you have to fence your entire property, insure everything you have in your possession for fear that the parents of the child that fell off his motorcycle on your back 40 are not going to file suit against your assets. I know that everyone has the right to a opinion, its just that mine makes me a tractor terrorist that clings to my beliefs , guns and especially my family. If you are a lawyer, do some good by cleaning house at the law office. Or get a real job that does not involve lying to steal from people. The only ones to benefit from a class action law suit is the liar , I mean lawyer. so have you fired your lawyer lately? As for anyone trying to regain there loss on the subject, I wish you good luck, and maybe you can invest in a old machine, built before the lawyers and cost engineers took over the world. Shawn
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#6 SARG OFFLINE  

SARG

• 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 11:25 AM

Just an update............... they have changed their website to say the checks will be in the mail by the "middle" of May.

#7 SARG OFFLINE  

SARG

• 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 - 01:02 AM

This weeks change.

Settlement Benefits - Monday, May 16, 2011
Distribution of the settlement benefits has now begun. Because a very significant number of documents are being printed and mailed out, we appreciate your patience as you await the arrival of your settlement check and/or warranty certificate.

#8 handyman76 OFFLINE  

handyman76

• Member No: 3575
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 01:28 PM

My brother got his check on May 21st 2011, they are less than expected. There is a letter that explains that there was a kinda plea barginning going on, He turned in 2 riders and 2 push mowers, and got around $53 and some change, they are only giving alittle over $10 for pushmowers and 20 something for riders. Not sure why only $53 but that's what was on the check.

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 01:34 PM

My brother got his check on May 21st 2011, they are less than expected. There is a letter that explains that there was a kinda plea barginning going on, He turned in 2 riders and 2 push mowers, and got around $53 and some change, they are only giving alittle over $10 for pushmowers and 20 something for riders. Not sure why only $53 but that's what was on the check.

I bet what the lawyers got had at least 5 more zeros and two commas.