#1 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,912 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 02:28 PM

The ball of my foot has been killing me for weeks. I was hoping it would go away, you know a guy's  

medicine, eating Aleve like I owned stock , I finally gave in and went to a Podiatrist today seems I have what is called plantar fasciitis an inflammation of the thick flat band of tissue (ligament) that connects your heel bone to your toes . It is quite painful... your first steps in the morning are " special " in the worst way don't wait around like I did if this happens to you , it only gets worse . The Doc says I should see improvement in a couple weeks or months ? he sounds like a weatherman , but with a script and exercise's all should be good . Hank

• Gtractor, MH81, grnspot110 and 9 others have said thanks

#2 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,165 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 02:30 PM

Good luck with your recovery.
  • hamman, boyscout862 and HANKG have said thanks

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 02:46 PM

I get it 2-3 times per year.  Had it a week ago.  Mine I can feel it coming on for 2-3 days, have about 3 days of agony, then lessening soreness for about a week.  It's horrible being a gimp for no apparent reason.  I have a hard time getting a shoe on.  Mine happens in only 1 foot at a time (thank goodness or I'd be immobile), but alternates feet.  I feel for ya!  You are right....mornings are worst, especially if you hop out of bed in a hurry having forgotten...I've hit the floor more than a couple times.

• Gtractor, Alc, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#4 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 02:48 PM

My dad has had it for many years.  I don't think he has ever found anything that made them stop hurting.  He also has special orthotics he is never without.

• Alc, hamman, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#5 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,319 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 03:10 PM

I had something that resembled the symptoms a year ago, never had it professionally diagnosed as PF. Hurt like hell for a few weeks. I started snooping around for home remedies and found the goofy elf boots with the ratchet strap to pull the toes up. I decided to start doing calf stretches once an hour or whenever I remembered to do them. Pain was totally gone after the second day of stretches and hasnt come back.

I normally wear a healed work boot and I think mowing the lagoon in crocks is what caused the whole thing. It wasnt a smart decision anyway. I slipped several times on the slope and if it wasnt for the flap on the back of the push mower, I might have lost a few toes

• Gtractor, Alc, hamman and 1 other said thanks

#6 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 03:13 PM

Its also called falling arches. I've had it for years. Just flared up last week. It was agony when I walked several miles a day on my construction sites. I then got the orthodics. The orthodics helped and I took 6 aspirin each day. I found that my Army Boots with the steel plate in the arch are the best but when the boots wear it becomes painfull again. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, July 28, 2015 - 03:14 PM.

• Alc, hamman, Delmar and 3 others have said thanks

#7 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,694 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 03:23 PM

I got it the worst one winter; I think because I was sitting too much. I went for therapy. They showed me some stretching exercises. The one therapist, a big German woman did some massages that almost made me cry, but afterwards I was much better.

• Alc, hamman, Delmar and 2 others have said thanks

#8 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,512 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 03:25 PM

A lot, but not all, the people that run around all the time in slop flops, sandals, clogs, etc. are going to pay for it some day. I picked up Arthritis in the right foot, among other joints and now cannot take more than a few steps without shoes on. I wear good tennis shoes in the house or when not going to be on my feet much. Rest of the time it is a good pair of Wolverine work boots. The shoes are a very important part of ones health and well being. If your feet don't go - you don't go.
  • MH81, Alc, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#9 Nxt2doc OFFLINE  

Nxt2doc
  • Member No: 66603
  • 623 Thanks
  • 330 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 03:41 PM

Make sure you don't have a spur that is causing the Fasciitis. My ex wife had that issue. It was resolved with a minor surgery.

• hamman, boyscout862 and HANKG have said thanks

#10 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 731 Thanks
  • 633 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 04:04 PM

Got it after my car accident in March. Mentioned it while in physical therapy and he gave me an exercise at home to do. ALOT better now. Your Dr have you stand and roll something about the size of a rolling pin under your arch? That's all it took for mine.
  • hamman, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,644 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 04:53 PM

I got it the worst one winter; I think because I was sitting too much. I went for therapy. They showed me some stretching exercises. The one therapist, a big German woman did some massages that almost made me cry, but afterwards I was much better.

Olga%20the%20Masseuse.jpg
  • hamman, Delmar, HDWildBill and 4 others have said thanks

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,644 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 05:03 PM

Not a huge Oz fan, but I understand it better now

• hamman, Delmar and HANKG have said thanks

#13 ckjakline ONLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 05:59 PM

i had that a few years back. the dr told me if the stretches didn't work i would need surgury.I had to wake up an hour earlier and walk around, and do stretching on the stairs.The pain was horrible.I have a high tolerance for pain,and i must say that hurts.I was going to the gym back then,and i would put 300 lbs on the leg press,put my foot as close to my toes as i could,and stretch the heck out of it.It hurt bad but i think thats what helped me the most.Luckily i haven't had a reaccurrance.I feel for you i know how bad that hurts.

• Delmar and HANKG have said thanks

#14 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 06:46 PM

The wife used to have that all summer long because she always wore flip flops. Its been a couple of years since she's have it now that she realized flip flops are not the proper foot wear.
Hope you can get over it sooner that later.

Edited by Nato77, July 28, 2015 - 06:47 PM.

• boyscout862 and HANKG have said thanks

#15 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 731 Thanks
  • 633 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 08:28 PM

Olga%20the%20Masseuse.jpg

My therapist isn't a big German woman, but when he worked on it I aint too proud to say the tears were rolling down!
  • MH81, boyscout862 and HANKG have said thanks