Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 04:25 PM

Just seen this listed:

http://detroit.craig...5143446752.html

00G0G_a7MBGLVL59H_600x450.jpg

Just received patent pending on the design of a grapple attachment that integrates with the quick hitch on John Deere 425, 445 and 455 tractors as well as the new X series tractors. The design utilizes the hydraulic cylinders that are already a part of the quick hitch and attaches the same way that the other implements do. You must either have or obtain a quick hitch that has the angling cylinder as the grapple uses both of them.

I am looking to get some video of the grapple in use and will offer a discount to those willing to provide video. I personally use this grapple to move heavy logs and brush and it truly is amazing with a powerful bite and lifting force. I prefer it over my front loader when it comes to moving solid objects or brush (not dirt). Made from thick heavy duty high strength steel (powder coated black). This will remind you of the way tractor equipment was made years ago. I would love to answer your questions if you have any so please contact me if interested.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• JDBrian, WNYTractorTinkerer and mf7346 have said thanks

#2 tractorgarden ONLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 10:05 PM

I want one, Better yet...USERNAME you should get it and Ill just borrow it!

• MH81, WNYTractorTinkerer and mf7346 have said thanks

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 10:41 AM

Looks like you have repurposed the angling cylinder to open/close the grapple. While those tractors don't have a lot of presure in the hydraulics, the cylinders are large in diameter so I'm sure you ended up with a pretty strong grip on that grapple. Very nice design. That quick hitch is something I have a lot of experience with. It's really a very versatile front hitch and it's great to see some well thought out attachments for it.

• tractorgarden, Username and mf7346 have said thanks

#4 mf7346 OFFLINE  

mf7346
  • Member No: 75579
  • 16 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted September 22, 2015 - 07:28 AM

Hi guys, I am the designer of this grapple and can tell you a little more about it.  It has been in the works for a few years and is finally ready for production.  I replied yesterday but didn't realize I was breaking the site rules by talking about selling them.  My apologies to the site moderators for that.  I understand the problem they have with that and will be considering becoming a site sponsor in the future.

However, I can say a few things about it.  It has an amazing amount of power and can lift more than you would likely want to lift with it.  I won't go into the calculations on those cylinders but the force they put out is much more than most people would guess.  Have you have ever pushed a pile of snow until it was packed when your blade was on full angle and then reversed the blade angle to move the snow even more?  If the snow is too packed to move then it will usually move your tractor instead.  I believe that tractor stuff should be overbuilt so this is very heavy duty.  This is by far my favorite implement to use and amazingly useful.  Not to mention it puts my quick hitch to use year round now instead of it sitting most of the year.  I will have video of it in action soon so if anyone here would like to see it just let me know and I'll discuss with the moderators about what I'm aloud to post.  If there are any questions I will obviously be selective in what I can answer but will certainly try. 

Thanks,

Mark

• limebuzz, Alc, Username and 2 others have said thanks

#5 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted September 22, 2015 - 08:04 AM

I would love to see a video so please post one.

• mf7346 said thank you

#6 mf7346 OFFLINE  

mf7346
  • 16 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 08:52 AM

I don't know if you read my ad that was posted to start this thread but I no longer have my deere 445 that I had when I designed this grapple.  I got one of those "too good of a deal to pass up" on a neighbors Kubota BX1850.  Even though that came with a loader I still wanted to use my deere plow and grapple so I designed an interface bracket and had new hydraulic hoses made so that I can use the deere quick hitch on the Kubota.  So I will take some video of it in use this weekend but I wanted to prep you for why it is on a Kubota.  I will get a close up shot so you can see that it is indeed the deere quick hitch.  I have an ad out locally here in Michigan to try to find someone near me to put it on their deere so I can get some video that won't confuse people.  So far, I have not been successful yet in finding someone close to me.  So after I load the video on YouTube I will post a link here and then I'd love to hear some feedback.  Stay tuned...

Thanks,

Mark

• limebuzz and Username have said thanks

#7 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 01:57 PM

I don't know if you read my ad that was posted to start this thread but I no longer have my deere 445 that I had when I designed this grapple.  I got one of those "too good of a deal to pass up" on a neighbors Kubota BX1850.  Even though that came with a loader I still wanted to use my deere plow and grapple so I designed an interface bracket and had new hydraulic hoses made so that I can use the deere quick hitch on the Kubota.  So I will take some video of it in use this weekend but I wanted to prep you for why it is on a Kubota.  I will get a close up shot so you can see that it is indeed the deere quick hitch.  I have an ad out locally here in Michigan to try to find someone near me to put it on their deere so I can get some video that won't confuse people.  So far, I have not been successful yet in finding someone close to me.  So after I load the video on YouTube I will post a link here and then I'd love to hear some feedback.  Stay tuned...

Thanks,

Mark

Please leave us know when you get the video uploaded.

• mf7346 said thank you

#8 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 11:23 AM

Mark, I'm shocked you can't find a willing assistant with a Deere!  They are thick as fleas, it seems!  I would help in a heartbeat, but you would have to have an interface bracket to adapt to a Legacy XL  :thumbs:

• mf7346 said thank you

#9 mf7346 OFFLINE  

mf7346
  • 16 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 07, 2015 - 09:14 AM

My apologies for the delay in getting some video posted.  I have had it with my welder to have an extra little piece added on and then I need to have it painted.  If all goes well he should get it back to me by the weekend.  I will definitely let you guys know when I get a video uploaded.  I appreciate your patience as I thought I would have it back a couple weeks ago. 

Talentedmrgreen, yes it is amazing that people aren't lining up to help out and possibly get themselves something new and innovative at the same time.  As soon as I get it back I will be banging down doors to get some video of it on a Deere.  I'll probably try to get a dealer to demo it on an X series while I video it.  I plan to look into making an interface bracket for the legacy series soon so I'll let you know when I do.

Mark

#10 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,756 Thanks
  • 8,924 posts

Posted October 07, 2015 - 11:38 AM

You might have troubles getting a demo and video done at a dealer unless you have an 'in'. If you pay attention, any advertising done with a JD has to have all decals removed unless it is for John Deere. If you look up 'propietary' in Websters, it should have the JD symbol next to it. It doesn't, because JD's lawyers threatened them.

What's your zip code? I'll get someone with an X700 series over there toot-sweet.
  • mf7346 said thank you

#11 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted October 07, 2015 - 11:44 AM

My apologies for the delay in getting some video posted.  I have had it with my welder to have an extra little piece added on and then I need to have it painted.  If all goes well he should get it back to me by the weekend.  I will definitely let you guys know when I get a video uploaded.  I appreciate your patience as I thought I would have it back a couple weeks ago. 

Talentedmrgreen, yes it is amazing that people aren't lining up to help out and possibly get themselves something new and innovative at the same time.  As soon as I get it back I will be banging down doors to get some video of it on a Deere.  I'll probably try to get a dealer to demo it on an X series while I video it.  I plan to look into making an interface bracket for the legacy series soon so I'll let you know when I do.

Mark

If it would hook up to a JD318 I would be interested :D

#12 mf7346 OFFLINE  

mf7346
  • 16 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 02:54 PM

You might have troubles getting a demo and video done at a dealer unless you have an 'in'. If you pay attention, any advertising done with a JD has to have all decals removed unless it is for John Deere. If you look up 'propietary' in Websters, it should have the JD symbol next to it. It doesn't, because JD's lawyers threatened them.

What's your zip code? I'll get someone with an X700 series over there toot-sweet.

I figured I might have an issue with a dealer but I was going to try if I had to.  If you can find me someone local that would be great.  My zip is 48187 (Canton, Michigan).  Thank you!

#13 mf7346 OFFLINE  

mf7346
  • 16 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 03:12 PM

If it would hook up to a JD318 I would be interested :D

I'm currently designing an interface bracket to allow the quick hitch that mine uses fit a 318 for a neighbor.  He'll then be able to find a used quick hitch and use my grapple.  I haven't looked into whether the hydraulic couplings and hose sizes are the same between the 318 and the 425 (& 445, 455).  Do you happen to know?  If not, I will have new hose assemblies or some jumpers made for him.

Mark

#14 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,756 Thanks
  • 8,924 posts

Posted October 11, 2015 - 12:41 PM

I like it!

• Username and mf7346 have said thanks

#15 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted October 13, 2015 - 11:49 AM

I'm currently designing an interface bracket to allow the quick hitch that mine uses fit a 318 for a neighbor.  He'll then be able to find a used quick hitch and use my grapple.  I haven't looked into whether the hydraulic couplings and hose sizes are the same between the 318 and the 425 (& 445, 455).  Do you happen to know?  If not, I will have new hose assemblies or some jumpers made for him.

Mark

Mark, as far as I know the hydraulic couplers on them are all the same.

• mf7346 said thank you