Did it take half a day to put away tractors when finished? Don

• propane1 said thank you

#17 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62275
  • 517 Thanks
  • 218 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 05:09 PM

I like your idea but your wagon would be too small like shown. Maybe use the frame & build something larger. Keep us posted.

I agree the trailer is to small but it was handy when this idea came to me so I used it just for reference.
  • Sawdust said thank you

#18 1964Deere OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1547
  • 248 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 07:13 PM

What is best way to set the rake? Noticed weight was used, what will that help with? Also. Any tips on getting the piles into manageable terms either for bagging or picking up. I bought one and it just seemed like it left a mess that was almost to talk to get my mower deck on top of so just kept pushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 propane1 ONLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,858 Thanks
  • 3,102 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 05:53 PM

If it's set to aggressive, it will make the rake slide sideways. The weigths help stop that. I set it so the tines are just touching the ground. And I don't rake to much in one pile. As it will fill up and not let the grass out at the end of the rake. It also depends how long the grass is. Only rake two passes, then move on and make two more passes. That way you don't have a tall pile to drive over. And again depends on grass length. You may have to change passes, more or less depending on grass length and if it's wet or dry.