• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted July 26, 2015 - 05:08 PM

The long grass I cut with the ferguson tractor was cut again. I cleaned up most of the clippings today. Used the John Deere 140 at first to rake, but the grass was getting caught up in the deck, so I changed to the Massey ferguson 7. Put all the grass in the garden to control the weeds. Noel

No fun was had while doing this project and no tractors were harmed !!!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by propane1, July 26, 2015 - 07:14 PM.

• DH1, daytime dave, Gtractor and 17 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,433 Thanks
  • 39,673 posts

Posted July 26, 2015 - 05:35 PM

Glad to see you got to work several today!

• boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 26, 2015 - 05:55 PM

You did a nice job! I have a piece of ground like that, I have been harvesting the grass from for mulch.
Have not been pleased with the job the landscape rake does, and had been wondering if a wheel rake would be better.
I need a wheel rake and a loader! Pitching the grass into the pickup, is getting to be too much for an old guy.
  • boyscout862, Sawdust and propane1 have said thanks

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted July 26, 2015 - 07:14 PM

Nice job and pics. Would a vacuum attachment work for picking that stuff up and into a trailer? Good Luck, Rick

• propane1 said thank you

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted July 26, 2015 - 08:13 PM

It looked as if all the garden tractors were frolicking in the sun and pasture.

Nice looking place Noel.

• Alc and propane1 have said thanks

#6 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,450 Thanks
  • 1,604 posts

Posted July 26, 2015 - 08:22 PM

It's good to see the tractors getting the work done. The loader attachment you made for the Massey seems to be getting the work done for you year round. Great job on that!
  • Sawdust and propane1 have said thanks

#7 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted July 26, 2015 - 09:02 PM

Wow your rake did a really great job. I've contemplated buying one but wondered how well they worked. Thanks for posting, I think I may consider one for our field at camp.

Take care
Mike

#8 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 04:33 PM

Nice job and pics. Would a vacuum attachment work for picking that stuff up and into a trailer? Good Luck, Rick

Yes I think it would, had thought of that. But a rake would cost much less than a cyclone vacuum.
  • boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#9 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 04:59 PM

Yes I think it would, had thought of that. But a rake would cost much less than a cyclone vacuum.

I've picked up several tractor vacuum attachments over the years. Two have their own engines and mount on the back of a Bolens. another one came with the AC Big Ten and is powered by the PTO. I also picked up a freebie along side the road that is a giant vacuum on 4 wheels but the special bag is missing. Its a 3 hp Briggs and should be easy to get running. I was thinking of joining it to a trailer and use it to pick up the windrows when the grass gets away from me. Keep your eyes open. Now is the time to buy them before fall.  A leaf blower can easily be converted into a leaf vacuum. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, July 27, 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#10 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 06:10 PM

I've picked up several tractor vacuum attachments over the years. Two have their own engines and mount on the back of a Bolens. another one came with the AC Big Ten and is powered by the PTO. I also picked up a freebie along side the road that is a giant vacuum on 4 wheels but the special bag is missing. Its a 3 hp Briggs and should be easy to get running. I was thinking of joining it to a trailer and use it to pick up the windrows when the grass gets away from me. Keep your eyes open. Now is the time to buy them before fall. A leaf blower can easily be converted into a leaf vacuum. Good Luck, Rick

I have used the power flow bagged on my 318. But when the grass is heavy, it seem like you spend all your time emptying bags. So I think blowing into a good sized wagon would be the ticket especially if it had hydralic dump.
After a heavy mowing I can fill my f150 twice up above the toolbox in this one section. That is. Not counting my lawn.
Or the pasture, I sowed a couple acres to white clover 5 yrs ago. I never sowed anything not the rest of what had been cornfield.
Everything came up voluntarily and it has too many weeds to use for mulch in the garden.
I think the ideal wagon would for a gt would be 4x8 on 4 10.50 x 12 turfs with 2 ft sides made from hog panels

Edited by JD DANNELS, July 27, 2015 - 06:11 PM.

• Alc, boyscout862, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#11 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 10:42 PM

Come to think of it sometime back, someone posted a video of a guy blowing grass into a trailer.
Seems like they used round furnace ducting to extend Back from the chute.

#12 Kmac1 ONLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 08:27 AM

Come to think of it sometime back, someone posted a video of a guy blowing grass into a trailer.
Seems like they used round furnace ducting to extend Back from the chute.

This setup is one of the projects I have planed for this winter. I'll put a cover on the trailer that will fold forward for easy dumping. Remove the hanle and put a hitch on the billy goat vacuum, extend the shut with some flex tubing and pull it with the kubota. Any thoughts on this.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

#13 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 09:01 AM

Awesome job just another reason to have a lot of tractors. I like the rake. I like watching our local farmers rake with the big rigs & always wondered how good these GT rakes work. Nice pics too.
  • propane1 and Kmac1 have said thanks

#14 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 09:03 AM

This setup is one of the projects I have planed for this winter. I'll put a cover on the trailer that will fold forward for easy dumping. Remove the hanle and put a hitch on the billy goat vacuum, extend the shut with some flex tubing and pull it with the kubota. Any thoughts on this.

I like your idea but your wagon would be too small like shown. Maybe use the frame & build something larger. Keep us posted.
  • Kmac1 said thank you

#15 secondtry ONLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 343 Thanks
  • 320 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 11:09 AM

At my place the trailer would be full in 50 ft. Don

• propane1 and Kmac1 have said thanks