• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,748 Thanks
  • 7,519 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 06:40 PM

Some people may - I use a bag stapler and some small spring clamps to help hold the pieces together when I first start to join them.  I have found that it works better for me once I start to join two pieces to feed them together by hand as I go - seem to get less puckers this way.  I have seen on some sewing sites where a form of two sided tape was used.  For me glue would be messy and more difficult to use than sewing the vinyl the way I do as I have Arthritis in the hands and things tend to sometimes slip out of my grasp (not complaining as I know there are lots of other people who suffer far worse than I do with joint pain and other ailments) - would be afraid the glue would end up in places it should not and in the wrong quantity.  I do use an adhesive to hold the foam, backing and vinyl for when I make the pleated section but is sprayed on surfaces that don't show - it does a nice job but also adds to the cost of the final product. 

For my hands and arms I take regular asprin. I'm suffering from working on my deck this week. I'm sure that the brush painting will be even worse. The asprin works best for me and it is the cheapest. Good Luck, Rick

• 29 Chev said thank you

#77 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,099 Thanks
  • 1,195 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 06:47 PM

I have posted one cover for sale in the For Sale / Trade / Wanted section under the "Parts" category with a price - got some replacement vinyl and supplies a few weeks ago and did a detailed calculation of the time and various materials ( vinyl, thread, padding and backing to make the pleats, draw rope, welting etc.) that go into the making of the cover and as a result had to revise my earlier estimate a little to reflect this. 

• blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and boyscout862 have said thanks

#78 BRIAN EK7&10 OFFLINE  

BRIAN EK7&10
  • Member No: 66742
  • 128 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 07:34 PM

I would be interested in 4 of these in the black for my ek 10's and would have o problem sending you the seat off of one of my ek7's to get four of them made in the orangish red color. the ek 7's have a taller back support than the others. I am sure that there would be a market for them as well.
  • 29 Chev said thank you

#79 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,099 Thanks
  • 1,195 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 06:26 PM

I would be interested in 4 of these in the black for my ek 10's and would have o problem sending you the seat off of one of my ek7's to get four of them made in the orangish red color. the ek 7's have a taller back support than the others. I am sure that there would be a market for them as well.

Sent you a pm

#80 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,099 Thanks
  • 1,195 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 07:19 PM

Since the new foam padding I got for the 850 seat cover did a nice job of flattening the pleated area when I glued it to the padding I decided to try the same foam padding on the 1050 cover - here are the results.  Gluing the padding to the pleated area does a nice job of making the cover lay flat the way the original did in my opinion.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1 Padding Cut.jpg
  • 2 Cover Lays Flat In Pleated Area.jpg
  • 2 Side View.jpg
  • 4 Side View.jpg
  • 6 Cover Not On Seat.jpg

• Bolens 1000, LPBolens, Bruce Dorsi and 7 others have said thanks