Well, as you all know, I got new AG tires for my Kubota, the first time trying them out (mowing) I broke out the center of a front wheel.
I have been welding these wheels together for a couple years now, the PO used a impact (or something) to tighten the wheels and he must of over tightened them. These wheels are cast iron and the center of them are just shattered. I have welded and brazed them. It would hold for a month or two then start cracking again. Well I guess one cracked again and I didn't know it. When I was mowing I turned and off came the wheel. So here I am new back tires and now no front wheels. I got to looking and I could get new front wheels for $125.00 each (ouch) and I thought I could go a cheaper rout then that. I ended up finding some boat trailer rims that had to small of a bolt pattern, I ended up cutting the center out of the rim and welding in another center and making my own bolt pattern. While I had the front wheels off, I went a head and pulled the front hubs and ordered new bearings, the ones in them were shot and the front hubs had a bad wobble. I had to wait a couple days for the bearings to come in, I went ahead and added rear wheel weights and fluid filled the back tires while I was waiting. I then got the bearings and everything I needed to put it all together so I could finally test out the back tires. I stuck on one front hub and then started on the other. I'm not sure what happened but somehow I knocked out the first 2 threads in the locking nut for the hub , I knew I would half to wait till the next day when the local hardware store would be open. I though I would go ahead and mount the front tires on the new (modified) front rims. Got one on and aired up. Got the other on, aired up and then it went flat . So I was then completely done for the day.
This morning I got to the hardware and I borrowed a tap and got the threads straitened out. I also dropped the tire off at the tire shop and he got it patched up. I got home, went to unload the tire and it was flat again. I then hauled it back to the tire shop and he said it needed a new tube which wouldn't be in until Monday So I then took it home and yanked out the tube (which his patch was falling off and the tube was fine), put a bunch of bead sealant on the rim/tire and made it tubeless. Got everything on and heading back out mowing. I mowed for about 30 minutes and then I blow a hydraulic hose on my home built power steering . I guess it's back to the hardware tomorrow!