#1 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,723 Thanks
  • 1,723 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 10:22 PM

Looks like I'm getting a 1944 Farmall A, it's in running condition, it has the hood, grill, fenders and seat assembly off of it, (but included) it has a home built 3'pt (super heavy and nicely built) and a home built seat Assembly. The tractor has no paint on it but it's in pretty decent shape. Tires are in good shape and the rims aren't even rusted out. The tractor has a unique feature called a "mosquito fogger" attachment and it's super easy to use. You just start the engine and the smoke just poors out of the muffler!.

This tractor does come with a very heavy home built boom pole, and a old stationary engine that is basically a Farmall A engine, hood and grill. All mounted up onto a very heavy skid. The engine is stuck and the exhaust manifold is rusted in pieces. It's going to be parted out and probably scraped if no one wants it. The skid will probably be cut apart and the metal will be used for misc projects around the farm.

I don't have any pictures yet, I'm buying this from a local guy here in town, so it's only 5 miles away. He is moving so he will need it for the next 20 days to get some stuff loaded, then after that it's mine. First thing I'm going to do is stick in a new set of rings. They only cost $50 + head gasket and oil pan gasket. I'm probably going to sell this tractor as soon as it's fixed, but I will use it until it sales.

I'm paying $650 for everything which I didn't think was to bad.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get it.

Edited by BTS, July 24, 2015 - 10:23 PM.

• grnspot110, propane1, Coventry Plumber and 1 other said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 11:01 PM

I may be interested in parts of the other engine such as sheet metal for my Farmall Bn. If you need help let me know. Also, Ben can get you parts.
  • BTS said thank you

#3 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,723 Thanks
  • 1,723 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 11:05 PM

Ok, I'll let you know when I get it.
Thanks

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#4 Coventry Plumber OFFLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,031 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted July 25, 2015 - 03:45 AM

That's a good deal, the A is a desirable tractor. Around here you can get minimum of $2000 for it. Good luck
  • BTS said thank you

#5 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 729 Thanks
  • 632 posts

Posted July 25, 2015 - 07:52 AM

Factor installed mosquito fogger?!?! That's an awesome find! I have a cub 1650 with the same option. Lots of luck with it. We had a McCormick hay baler with the same stationary engine set up. Does yours have a 90* belt drive on it?
  • BTS said thank you

#6 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,723 Thanks
  • 1,723 posts

Posted July 25, 2015 - 08:03 AM

Factor installed mosquito fogger?!?! That's an awesome find! I have a cub 1650 with the same option. Lots of luck with it. We had a McCormick hay baler with the same stationary engine set up. Does yours have a 90* belt drive on it?

No, it has a pump of some sort on the back that is straight driven off the engine.

• Marty'70 said thank you