• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 breimer OFFLINE  

breimer
  • Member No: 39058
  • 119 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted July 23, 2015 - 11:40 PM

Brought home a B110 today. It's in pretty rough shape but it was also next to free.How does the PTO engage on one of these? I'm sure I have missing parts. I know the included tiller attachment should be driven off the left side of the angle gearbox. There's currently no pulley there.just a shaft coming out of the gearbox.is it a pulley or is it some kind of clutch that goes there? Also what lever engages it.I don't see anything for that.

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,743 Thanks
  • 7,516 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 12:58 AM

Congratulations. Go to the Manuals Section for the info. It may be in Allis Chalmers or in Simplicity. Good Luck, Rick

#3 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,805 Thanks
  • 2,216 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 04:52 AM

:picsoritsnotyours: :wewantpics:  there is a clutch that goes on the back of the tractor to drive the tiller, hooks on the left side of the rear frame under the seat.  without that you wont be able to use the tiller.  I can get pics of mine later if you need.

Pete    

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 09:27 AM

:picsoritsnotyours: :wewantpics:  there is a clutch that goes on the back of the tractor to drive the tiller, hooks on the left side of the rear frame under the seat.  without that you wont be able to use the tiller.  I can get pics of mine later if you need.

Pete    

...or, if a 36" tiller, the engagement is built into the tiller itself.  You need a 4-4.5" pulley with 3/4" ID for that gearbox shaft.  You need two if you want to use your mid PTO for a mower deck...they would stack side by side.

• petrj6 said thank you

#5 breimer OFFLINE  

breimer
  • 119 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 03:10 PM

Here's a pic.too bad the previous owner painted it wrong and mounted that extra motor on the tiller.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150724_123608.jpg

• Alc and DB1 have said thanks

#6 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted July 25, 2015 - 03:50 PM

The worst thing is that joan dear seat ! Use the search bar and punch in b110 . You will see all sorts of threads about your tractor .you have hydrolic lift . Thats great ! also find the b series repair manual in the manuals section . Try a new razor blade on that paint , it may just peel off . My profile pic is yellow now . Just bevel the blade on a piece of glass by running it backwards at a 45% angle . They are fun little tractors , have fun with it

#7 B110 OFFLINE  

B110
  • Member No: 73546
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 02:42 AM

Here's a pic.too bad the previous owner painted it wrong and mounted that extra motor on the tiller.

I saw a B110 at an auction here a few months ago that was almost identical to yours, I was after the tiller but not the tractor so I bailed at $300, the winning bidder ran it up to $750. (A month later I got the tiller off CL for $50). 

I bought another B110 with a snow plow on it at auction that was complete but not running that had the same JD seat pad stuffed in place like yours.

I was assuming that the tiller I've got here was modified to use a separate motor but it looks identical to yours.

Try blowing that bad paint job off with compressed air. Chances are with the way its peeling most of it will flake right off under pressure.

• Alc said thank you

#8 breimer OFFLINE  

breimer
  • 119 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 09:08 AM

Thanks to all for your replies. Yeah I'll see what I can do with this one. This one doesn't run either. Po said there's a spark problem. The tractor needs to be rewired for the most part. For the price though I think I did OK.

#9 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted August 01, 2015 - 09:12 AM

You call that rough?? Looks like a good machine to me plus you lucked out and it has the optional hydro lift, you did great. I would like to see more pictures of how they mounted the motor and belts up to the tiller.  I have been thinking about doing something like that to one.