• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rwhite55 OFFLINE  

rwhite55
  • Member No: 73367
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 10:23 AM

Hi; I am new here and hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

I do know something about smaller equipment but not a lot, I have a Jacobsen Hydro GT 14 that I just recently got. it is a hydro (automatic) it has a high & low ranger shift lever and when shifted into one of those two positions it should not move until you press the pedal for forward or reverse then it should move. The problem is when you shift it into either low or high range it will start to creep forward. I know that on some others it is a linkage adjustment, however not sure on this one. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 12:16 PM

Welcome to GTT. It probably is a linkage adjustment but find out for sure by downloading the manual from our Manuals Section(3 for free per day). Post pics and ask questions. We are all in this together. Good Luck, Rick

#3 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,795 Thanks
  • 2,193 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 03:39 PM

:welcometogttalk:

I have to agree with Boyscout on this one, it should just be an adjustment.  Good luck and post some pics it will help in the diagnosis . 

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 06:09 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! It's an adjustment or the rear spring is gone. These use a two spring set up to let it center when you take your foot off. So you need both springs on there. I just happen to have one torn down so you can see things. The first pic shows both springs. The one on the right is much larger and is attached to an eccentric at the front (second pic). If it is creeping fwd., then you need to ease the tension on the front spring. May not take much!

2015-07-22 17.57.20.jpg     2015-07-22 17.57.31.jpg

• boyscout862, Chopperhed, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#5 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 06:47 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! It's an adjustment or the rear spring is gone. These use a two spring set up to let it center when you take your foot off. So you need both springs on there. I just happen to have one torn down so you can see things. The first pic shows both springs. The one on the right is much larger and is attached to an eccentric at the front (second pic). If it is creeping fwd., then you need to ease the tension on the front spring. May not take much!

attachicon.gif2015-07-22 17.57.20.jpg    attachicon.gif2015-07-22 17.57.31.jpg

The position of the little crankshaft shaped ( eccentric/dog-leg/offset) piece on the front spring is your critical adjustment. As long as everything else is in order, the position of that part determines the tension on the springs. Changing the length of the linkage from the pedal to the trans only adjusts the position of the pedal at rest. The spring tension on the front spring controls the center position of the F/R

valve in the transaxle. Also check the front spring mount to make sure the spring hook is actually in between the washers on the eccentric. sometime, when the pedal is in full reverse position, the spring hook can get misaligned on the washers, causing creep.

Edited by Chopperhed, July 22, 2015 - 07:39 PM.

• KennyP, boyscout862 and rwhite55 have said thanks

#6 Sprint 6 OFFLINE  

Sprint 6
  • Member No: 30633
  • 162 Thanks
  • 216 posts

Posted July 23, 2015 - 11:39 AM

I don't know that I would mess with the linkage unless it really takes off on its own at a high rate of speed.  My closed side LGT165 creeps a little very slow.  It does not bother me because I am on the machine when it is in gear and I am afraid of making it worse.  In all honesty, if you are getting off with it running, the shifter needs to be in neutral, that is why it is there.  I never trust a hydro, always use neutral and/or parking brake if getting off while running.  Had a Cub 147 once, though that would not maintain a speed, that is a different story.

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#7 FixItCharlie OFFLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • Member No: 47950
  • 357 Thanks
  • 258 posts

Posted July 23, 2015 - 09:51 PM

The turning of this crank for spring is very small many times it is less than 1 degree of a turn. One problem with this creeping that I found when I first got the hydrostatic tractor is that with it creeping some times was very hard to shift back into neutral. A few times I had to judge the pressure needed on the forward & reverse pedals so that I could shift to neutral. At this point adjustment of the spring becomes critical so an adjustment is the best choice before it increases to the point where it becomes critical.

Charlie

• KennyP and TomLGT195 have said thanks