21 replies to this topic

#16 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 20, 2015 - 10:51 AM

Adam something even cooler about the old hi boy Ford is that it is a diesel conversion truck.

#17 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,392 Thanks
  • 1,527 posts

Posted July 20, 2015 - 10:58 AM

Adam something even cooler about the old hi boy Ford is that it is a diesel conversion truck.

Your kidding, what engine?  A buddy of mine has a 70's F150 4X4, 4sp, with a 4bt Cummins in it. 

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#18 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,639 Thanks
  • 1,733 posts

Posted July 20, 2015 - 12:50 PM

I was the one who kept honking the funny sounding horn on the tractor lol.

Ok, I had an eyeball on you but didn't know who you were.  That horn sounded like a sick duck!

the green suburban belongs to freind.  he just recently traded for it, he also had the 1937 standard twin walk behind.

When is the Veedersburg show?   Rick

#19 Traill95 OFFLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted July 20, 2015 - 06:59 PM

Traill I took note of your electric conversion machines,cool stuff. I was pretty busy myself. I was going to bring a tractor or two but almost wasn't able to go at all so I was happy to just get to go and say hi to my tractor buddies and there is always some great buys there. I picked up three carburetors this year for $15. A couple of years ago I picked up a Sears 3 point and a plow for under $50. I took Katie with me,we rode the train twice,then she wanted to ride in the barrel cars being pulled by the garden tractors. We couldn't find one that was going so after talking to the owner of one of the garden tractors that had about ten barrel cars behind it,I ended up taking it around the grounds a couple of times so she could ride and ended up with all the cars full of kids !...lol I was the one who kept honking the funny sounding horn on the tractor lol. Hope to see you at our Veedersburg show.

When is the Veedersburg show? I plan on doing the show in Sheldon Il. on  august 21 thru 23 probably be there on the 22. they have an excellent bake sell area there. :D  Also a friend of mine does a tractor show on  Route one between Danville Il. and Rossville IL.  Starting on July 31st and going to Aug 2nd. He puts out about 30 of his  own tractors all John Deere. It's a nice little show with a country folk band in the shed on Saturday. I was either running around on my Choremaster or one  of the two electrics while I was there and saw the  barrel cars running  all over the place.

#20 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 21, 2015 - 09:16 PM

Your kidding, what engine?  A buddy of mine has a 70's F150 4X4, 4sp, with a 4bt Cummins in it. 

I didn't have time to find out but I'm curious too.

#21 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 21, 2015 - 09:19 PM

Ok, I had an eyeball on you but didn't know who you were.  That horn sounded like a sick duck!

the green suburban belongs to freind.  he just recently traded for it, he also had the 1937 standard twin walk behind.

When is the Veedersburg show?   Rick

The horn did sound awful lol... The Veedersburg show is "The west central Indiana show and swap meet" This will be our 3rd annul show. The dates are September 18th,19th,and 20th.

#22 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 21, 2015 - 09:25 PM

When is the Veedersburg show? I plan on doing the show in Sheldon Il. on  august 21 thru 23 probably be there on the 22. they have an excellent bake sell area there. :D  Also a friend of mine does a tractor show on  Route one between Danville Il. and Rossville IL.  Starting on July 31st and going to Aug 2nd. He puts out about 30 of his  own tractors all John Deere. It's a nice little show with a country folk band in the shed on Saturday. I was either running around on my Choremaster or one  of the two electrics while I was there and saw the  barrel cars running  all over the place.

I think I saw you running the Choremaster and on one of your electric conversions both,at different times.I picked up several different flyers at the show and may try to hit a couple of them. I have been asked to bring a tractor or two to a local fair that is going on this week but not sure that I'm going to have time.