boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 02:18 PM

1. I got a late start.
2. I didn't take my trailer.
3. I forgot my camera.
4. I forgot that a B1 will fit inside my van.

Consequences: I got to Zagray at 0815. I found a Simplicity 700 with plow, stinger and donut for $40 total. Cursed myself for not bringing my trailer so passed. Another guy bought it, brought it to his booth and had it running in 30 minutes.

Made the rounds. Many prices seemed lower than last year. Running orange MotoMower was $350. Lots of parts and attachments. Only about one half as many people as last spring but atleast it stayed cloudy so that it didn't get too hot. A few scattered showers to anoye us. Talked to a bunch of people about a variety of topics. Came across a WWII bulldozer for airborne combat engineers. These are unusual to see. I have heard of them for 50 years but had never seen one in person before. It was running and restored. Sure wished I had the camera.

Bought some supplies and got into the van. Then, it dawned on me that I had brought home a B1 in the back of the van several years ago. I should have grabbed the 700. The price for getting old. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, July 18, 2015 - 02:19 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 7 others have said thanks

#2 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,297 Thanks
  • 1,096 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 04:37 PM

Lol, it happens to all of us indeed!

May sound silly, or not, but I write out a checklist that goes on the corner of the gauge cluster in my truck a week ahead. This way, I see it, and that's a good reminder, plus I can add goodies as I go.

Never go to a show without a trailer!! Been there, done that, and I won't do it again! In some circumstances I realize it's other things that may prohibit getting a trailer in time, or whatever, but myself I'd just pay for it, tell him to hold it, enjoy the show, and run for the trailer later. Even if you don't buy anything, an empty trailer will save more gas, and time as opposed to 2 trips.

Cheers:)
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#3 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 05:13 PM

3. I forgot my camera.

Yah Yah. I'm lazy when it comes to taking pictures too.  :anvil_drop:  :bigrofl:

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,268 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 05:18 PM

Man, hard to figure warning points on a list that long... :D
  • KennyP, sacsr and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 05:48 PM

Well at least you got to enjoy the show!?!?

#6 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 06:11 PM

Well at least you got to enjoy the show!?!?

Yes, and I got some packs of wet/dry sandpaper that I have been wanting. There were several interesting GTs including a BIG TEN, the 700, and a Garden Squire 9. I still didn't get through everything before people started packing. Good Luck, Rick
  • Cvans said thank you

#7 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 08:08 PM

There were several interestingGTs including a BIG TEN, the 700, and a Garden Squire 9. 

Are you sure you really went to that show or are you just making this up?  :oh_shucks:

:D

Edited by Cvans, July 18, 2015 - 08:09 PM.

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#8 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 09:27 PM

Lol, it happens to all of us indeed!

May sound silly, or not, but I write out a checklist that goes on the corner of the gauge cluster in my truck a week ahead. This way, I see it, and that's a good reminder, plus I can add goodies as I go.

Never go to a show without a trailer!! Been there, done that, and I won't do it again! In some circumstances I realize it's other things that may prohibit getting a trailer in time, or whatever, but myself I'd just pay for it, tell him to hold it, enjoy the show, and run for the trailer later. Even if you don't buy anything, an empty trailer will save more gas, and time as opposed to 2 trips.

Cheers:)

I thought that I had already used up my luck for the week when I got the Case 220 early this week. I get torn between too many tractors and the urge to jump on a great deal. Not bringing the trailer was my conscience telling me I don't need anymore. Now I wish I had not listened to my conscience(no good deed goes unpunished). Good Luck, Rick

• sacsr and HDWildBill have said thanks

#9 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,297 Thanks
  • 1,096 posts

Posted July 19, 2015 - 09:33 AM

Man, hard to figure warning points on a list that long... :D

I thought that I had already used up my luck for the week when I got the Case 220 early this week. I get torn between too many tractors and the urge to jump on a great deal. Not bringing the trailer was my conscience telling me I don't need anymore. Now I wish I had not listened to my conscience(no good deed goes unpunished). Good Luck, Rick

Lololol