#16 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 12:59 PM

Really the tin doesn't have big rust holes in it and some real paint still there. I don't think would be all that bad. Frames are hard metal, right? Things like bearings and levers stuck might be an issue. AND.....another issue is just getting it UP and OUT of that spot!  You will need a good Sky Hook and hoist to get it. I bet a nice backhoe to lift it out would be good thing if around?  You got it out yet?  Is the guy a Crazy and want million dollars for it or what? 

#17 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,607 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 03:30 PM

Well karl? How long are you going to leave us hanging? Like Alan said there is some nice wall art there. That seat will make a bar stool.

#18 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 05:45 PM

The tractor here in my avatar picture was AT LEAST as bad as that when I first found it. It's all in how much time and energy you want to put into it. Yep - I also agree it would make a nice lawn ornament if you wanted to rescue it for that reason alone. I've got a couple of those located in my driveway turn-around with a lot of daffodils and irris planted around them. New life for an old relic.