#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 10:25 PM

Well, I thought sense I have new tires I will go ahead and put fluid in them. So today I went and picked up 6 gallons of RV antifreeze, I got 3 gallons of antifreeze in each wheel " 7 1/2 gallons of water per tire = 10 1/2lbs of fluid = 90lbs per tire. I also have some old M-M wheel weights that weigh aprox 60lbs each and then I have some other after market weighs that weigh around 50lbs each.

This all = out to 400lbs of added weight. Is this to much? This Kubota is really light in the back end, it about tips over forward with a bucket of dirt raised 4' off the ground. I'm getting tired of having a mower or something on the 3-pt for counter weight.

What are your thoughts?
Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Kubota Weight 049.jpg
  • Kubota Weight 050.jpg

• wvbuzzmaster, bgkid2966 and propane1 have said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted July 17, 2015 - 03:08 AM

Good idea, tires a loaded on my ferguson tractor. About 800 extra lbs, I think. Noel
  • BTS said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted July 17, 2015 - 06:21 AM

Should be fine as long as you don't try to pick up even heavier things.
Putting all the weight on the tires is the least impact on the tractor. I wouldn't be afraid to put that much on. Should handle it No Problem.
  • BTS said thank you

#4 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted July 17, 2015 - 07:22 AM

Should be fine as long as you don't try to pick up even heavier things.
Putting all the weight on the tires is the least impact on the tractor. I wouldn't be afraid to put that much on. Should handle it No Problem.

Thanks
I can't pick up any more weight, the hydraulics wont allow it, it's all the hydraulics can do to lift a full bucket of dirt to max height (aprox 5 1/2 feet)

I'm going to get the wheel weight bolted down today, but first I'm going to give them a coat of paint.

• MH81 said thank you

#5 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted July 17, 2015 - 10:38 PM

Got the weights painted and I got two of the weights mounted on one wheel (still need to cut off the extra all-thread sticking out). I weighed these wheel weights today, the M-M ones are 55lbs and the other weights (after marked, no markings) are 70lbs. That makes 430lbs in extra weight. Going to get the other two weights on the other wheel tomorrow and then I will try my luck of getting the wheels on the tractor. I'm going to half to use my loader to move these tires around since each one weighs 330lbs

Attached Thumbnails

• Kubota Wheel Weights 012.jpg
  • Kubota Wheel Weights 013.jpg

• MH81 said thank you

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 06:27 AM

I always loaded and put weights on when the tire is on the tractor, at least the big tractors.
At 330, please have a spotter on hand to get you safe if something gets away from you.
  • BTS said thank you

#7 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 08:40 AM

I always loaded and put weights on when the tire is on the tractor, at least the big tractors.
At 330, please have a spotter on hand to get you safe if something gets away from you.

I would of put the weights on once it was on the tractor, but one set goes on the inside, the the same bolts that hold on the inside ones hold on the outside. I'm going to get it all lifted into place with my loader, from there I should be able to adjust the jack to the correct height and get them slide on. I'm going to give my brother a call and he is going to be here to help me. Like you said, I will need a spotter.

• MH81 said thank you

#8 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 10:24 PM

Got the wheels back on the Kubota, I carried them over with my Mobility loader, I was able to lightly set them down so I could just unhook the chain and leave the tires standing so I could roll them into place. It all went a lot smoother and easier then I thought it would. I went out back with it and the old tractor has never dug this good. I'm really happy with the fluid and weights. Next, I'm going to fluid fill my Bolens HT-23 tires.

Attached Thumbnails

• Kubota Wheel Weights 004.jpg
  • Kubota Wheel Weights 005.jpg

• MH81 and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#9 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 10:39 PM

Going to be doing a lot of work on the Kubota this upcoming week. I already have new front wheels ordered, I'm getting ready to replace the front wheel bearings, also going to replace the reverse fork in the transmission in a couple weeks. This old thing is going to run like NEW when I'm done! ( i hope ).

This tractor has a lot of work ahead of it, we are getting ready to dig a water garden (fancy fish pond with lots of water plants)

• MH81 and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted July 19, 2015 - 06:14 AM

Going to be doing a lot of work on the Kubota this upcoming week. I already have new front wheels ordered, I'm getting ready to replace the front wheel bearings, also going to replace the reverse fork in the transmission in a couple weeks. This old thing is going to run like NEW when I'm done! ( i hope ).

This tractor has a lot of work ahead of it, we are getting ready to dig a water garden (fancy fish pond with lots of water plants)

The Kubota won't know what to do... All these baubles you're buying her, she's gonna think you are making up for taking a new one for a test ride or something

Wheels look good, glad they work as hoped!
  • BTS said thank you