#16 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted July 19, 2015 - 03:43 PM

I was really only playing around, a friend lets me camp on his land so I figured what the heck while I was there I would mow the field.  I had troubles, the grass was wet and I think the swath was messing with me.  otherwise that thing cuts grass like crazy !!!!  thanks again mrgreen  I will make the swath brackets correctly and get in touch.

Pete

• Alc and Talntedmrgreen have said thanks

#17 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted July 20, 2015 - 06:24 AM

No doubt they are a hoot to run...they are eye catching too.  I mow about 150 yards of roadside ditchbank along the edge of our property, that takes me a few passes.  It has backtop road on one side, and there is a township bike path between the ditch and my woodlot, which is why I like to keep it up.  I stop and shut it down when bikes or pedestrians pass, and get a lot of strange looks with that menacing thing hanging off some 'antique' tractor.  The road turns to gravel beyond me, and is a thoroughfare for the local farmers to get in and out of town, so I've had a couple of them stop to chat when seeing it in action as well.

But....we will have to find you a Weedcutter too.  I tell folks it's like snowblowing, except when the weather is nice.  You cover a lot of ground pretty quickly, but it's a poor choice for ditches and under low hanging obstacles, where the sickle excels.

• Alc, TomLGT195 and petrj6 have said thanks

#18 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• Member No: 1581
  • 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted July 20, 2015 - 01:16 PM

Is the "Weedcutter" the front mounted mower?

#19 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted July 20, 2015 - 01:24 PM

Yes sir

• TomLGT195 and petrj6 have said thanks

#20 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted July 20, 2015 - 03:11 PM

I would love to have one of those weed cutters !!!!!!    the trouble is they are hard to find and money as always in an issue.  some day :thumbs:  thanks again to all who helped here, I am happy to say I got my sickle mower cutting good and I am happy with it.  I am going to make some of the correct brackets this week then just keep an eye out for a lift handle.

Pete

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#21 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 02:33 PM

I picked up this sickle mower from another member here last fall, thanks to trowel.  Just now getting around to playing with it and need some help and parts.  one of the teeth is broken of the end so I need to replace that, in the pics you can see a clean spot on the lift assy where I assume there was a spring lift assist ?? or maybe something to hold the bar in the upright position ?? not really sure.  last but not least I need the wood board that goes on the end of the bar, not sure what it is called.  even a good template so I can make on for my own.  any help or advise would be great.

Pete

Your most welcomed, I hope the manual helped also.

All the best,

Jesse

• petrj6 said thank you