#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 11:05 AM

Have power broom. It has leveling wheels on front, have to put them down for sweeping depth. They are on side of box, and kinda bent shafts, so to keep them going right direction I guess. I've used little and they are plastic and wear bad, specially if in gravel that I'm sweeping off the pavement. I also have one bent more than should be now. I can take pictures to see what I have. I'm thinking of doing more of a straight caster wheel, with similar mounting and see if it holds up and has room to move. Even my brush on outside hits these when lifted and spins them around some then. I found on Ag specialty ad some parts for a Caroni mower with guide wheels that look like metal centers, and the forked holder for them. Even found the spacers for adjusting the heights, just like the PK brush uses. Kinda pricey, but seem better built. I've never heard of Caroni mowers, and only seeing parts in book. Must be a 3pt mower or such??  OR, any better idea for guide wheels?  Other option is to have just straight wheels, not casters, but then they may just get bent or broken then trying to turn  unless I left the brush for every little move, not sure. Not sure if metal wheels would just let the rubber tires peel off, even if castors, or be better. The plastics sure aren't gonna last, can see that. Just scrapers like on a snow-blower would maybe work, but make a lot of noise and wear fast too I think. It is another option tho, I guess.

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 11:11 PM

Here's some pix of my guide wheels used on broom. You can see one is pretty bent. They have pretty long shafts w/out lots of support really, need to be bigger rod maybe. The slight bend near wheel keeps them turning I guess. You can also see how bad the wheels/tires are chewed up. That is just form ONE time down on road, trying to sweep up my drive gravel off black-top. Think a tough Rubber wheel would be better, but on a steel rim. Parts I mention above seem more durable, but the shaft on them isn't very long. Would still have to add metal to them to fit like these ones do.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150715_214931.jpg
  • 20150715_214958.jpg
  • 20150715_214939.jpg

Edited by glgrumpy, July 15, 2015 - 11:17 PM.