#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 09:05 AM

worst or best. I have had some great associations with people here on this and a couple other forums and I am so thankful people like these exist. What really bothers me now days is the way society has taken the stand that most everyone is a victim and they are owed a debt or or are of the " poor me " variety. I am far from perfect and I make mistakes and do some dumb things but I try to own up to it. I see every day people who take advantage of the very system they have come to rely on and live off from. Just one, once I would like to see some good news on the TV or hear it on the radio. I would like to see that our representatives in Washington DC have really done something good for the People of the U.S.A. , what the People want not what their respective parties or lobbyist want. It shouldn't be that hard.
Thanks for being a place I (we) can come to and get away from for a short bit and forget about the negative goings on in our country and the world. I have not found a better group of people to associated with. thanks Guys and Gals for keeping a hobby going that I am sure some day pass along as all other hobbies do. Roger
  • olcowhand, daytime dave, grnspot110 and 15 others have said thanks

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 09:54 AM

I NEVER thought I'd live to see what I am seeing now. It's a sad state of affair that MY country is going through right now.

• grnspot110, hamman, dthomp17 and 3 others have said thanks

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 09:59 AM

There is a lot of negative in the world.  Unfortunately, that's what sells.  Just remember, there is also a lot of positive that you don't see.  People always say that they can't change what's happening around them but I disagree.  We all have the power to go out and DO something positive.  If enough people did that, the positive would soon out weigh the negative.  This board is a big positive in the lives of many.

Edited by David Brown, July 15, 2015 - 09:59 AM.

• grnspot110, hamman, dthomp17 and 4 others have said thanks

#4 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 10:47 AM

Ummmhhhhh. . . . .     did you folks just read the thread that karl started where we were talking about how we wish we could stop thinking? This doesn't  help!

Did you ever look at an autumn tree in all it's beauty. . .    and just look at it? How long was it before you noticed that the leaves were showing some evidence of blight? Did that remind you of your tree at home that had the same thing? Yup, the tree you got in trouble with your wife for trimming the limbs back on more than she wanted. Well, at least you got to use that Stihl chain saw her brother gave you. Worked like a charm didn't it? Stihl are just abough. . . . .    weren't you supposed to just be looking at that tree?

• MH81, hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#5 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 731 Thanks
  • 633 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 11:27 AM

You know it's the same way as when I was deployed in 04. Everyone was asking me "how bad iß it over there?". Truth was it was not nearly as bad as the media made it sound. Bad news sells! I had a lot more endearing stories of good people from over there than I did of bad experiences. Don't get me wrong, when it was bad, IT WAS BAD! No denying that point. What I'm saying is that all you hear about is the bad stuff. It sells!
  • Bruce Dorsi, hamman, dthomp17 and 1 other said thanks

#6 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 11:28 AM

It's a sad state of affairs where things are going. Glad people on this forum are grounded or just nut balls, I dunno. :rolling:

I won't say too much more, I could get really political and religious in one sentence about society  :D

• grnspot110, Bruce Dorsi, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#7 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 12:47 PM

It's a sad state of affairs where things are going. Glad people on this forum are grounded or just nut balls, I dunno. :rolling:

I won't say too much more, I could get really political and religious in one sentence about society  :D

That's why I stopped when I did!

• grnspot110, hamman, TAHOE and 1 other said thanks

#8 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,645 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 03:02 PM

Don't get me started , I'm already reved past my red line ---But I do thank two members of the greatest generation my Mother and Father for bringing me up right and teaching me if you want a good life you have to WORK FOR IT.

I also want to thank the guys and gals of this forum for helping me keep my sanity in this sometimes insane world.

• grnspot110, hamman, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#9 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 10:55 PM

I agree with you Roger.  I don't know if it will change.  At least we can have each other's backs.  

On forums like this one and a few others, I value the members and have a kinship with most or all of them.

We need to stick together when others wish to divide us.

• hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#10 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 07:39 AM

I don't owe anybody anything! "Entitlements" my arse!

• hamman, tiretrx, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#11 tiretrx OFFLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 937 Thanks
  • 685 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 09:13 AM

“Fools make feasts and wise men eat them.”

B. Franklin

• hamman, oldedeeres and Bill 76 have said thanks

#12 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • Member No: 51434
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 01:24 PM

Just don't give in. Toe the line for what you know is right. When people start bowing down just because it's easier  than to stand for what is right is when we really start losing the war.

#13 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 04:37 PM

Couldn't you just see your momma's face if one of those girls with green hair, 6" heels and a lot of side boob walked by back in 1959?

• hamman and Bill 76 have said thanks

#14 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,034 Thanks
  • 1,127 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 08:35 PM

This forum does seem to have "normal" (maybe minority any more)  folks on it! Wish I had more time to ecsape from the "real world" here.

Last night I went in the house later than normal trying to catch up on some stuff that got behind from a weeks vacation and the wife said look, Kaitlyn Jenner is getting a heroic bravery award (or some nonsense I can't remember exactly)! I said "the surgeon should have started cutting off organs at the neck"  That was cruel but man---military and real humanitarians go largely unrecognised and often end up in financial trouble and they are honoring this rich girl---guy, or whatever on national TV?

Sorry for the venting---sometimes it seems the only sane place is out in the shop!

DAC

#15 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 08:49 PM

We just have to keep in mind that this is Hollywood aka Lala land. It's not the real world. It's inhabited by people who make their living pretending to be something not real. Too, too many folks watch TV and movies and come to believe that that is what they should aspire to. They want to model their lives after something that just is not right. If a minority of them try to offer the voice of reason, their peers gang up on them and in some cases bring legal actions to bear on them. The best thing we can do is show them they are not a minority. Stand up with them. Don't let good people be bullied. (Not only teenagers get bullied.)

• hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks