I Bought a CASE

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,443 Thanks
  • 7,336 posts

Posted August 04, 2015 - 05:53 PM

That 10hp should be an easy rebuild, crank can be turned undersize if its scored up to bad.  The Case version of the Kohler engines have a special length crankshaft for the Lovejoy connector to the hyd pump.  Other cranks you would have to shorten them.  Unless the crank is busted, it should be ok to just get turned undersize with a matching new rod.  My older desert sunset 220 is my go to tractor for smoothness when operating.  My '64 Landlord is much nicer but not near as smooth to operate as the hydrive Case 220 is.  Cant wait to see you get that one running again.  Mike

Great deal Rick! A great package deal.

He called me and I have taken several more trips for other things including the vacuum deck adapter with hose. Unexpectedly, my van is down and I have to give it priority on my work list. Good Luck, Rick

#17 mtoney OFFLINE  

• Member No: 13665
  • 549 Thanks
  • 527 posts

Posted August 06, 2015 - 05:37 PM

My pickup pulled that stunt early this year with an engine failure during the final snow storm of the season.  Cost me money as well since I push snow with the old girl.  A good used replacment engine later we are back to tractors!  Good luck getting the van back going so you can get back to the Case.  Mike