• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dlang94 OFFLINE  

dlang94
  • Member No: 63471
  • 227 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted July 14, 2015 - 11:06 AM

I found this and am interested, I am looking for some help on what to look for with these tillers and a price range for them. What I am looking for is an older frazer or similar to restore, this one seems to fit.

Graham-Paige Rototiller $375

http://worcester.cra...5103136370.html
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#2 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted July 14, 2015 - 11:41 AM

It looks to be in nice shape but if it sat for 40 years it will probably need some work. First thing I noticed is that the tires are wrong, not a big deal but you will need new ones. Next I see that there is gas or what was gas in the sediment bowl so I would be prepared to clean and rebuild the carb. I'd also check to make sure that all of the tines and springs are on the machine too, they could be expensive to replace.

Personally I think his price is way too high for a non running machine. I would say in the 75-125 range would be more in line, at least in my area. Another thing to keep in mind is that parts are available for these tillers but they are not cheap.

• boyscout862 and dlang94 have said thanks

#3 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 862 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted July 14, 2015 - 06:23 PM

I would want to pull the engine over to see if it has any compression.  The other thing would require removing the starter housing and check if there is any play in the connecting rod by turning the engine 90 degrees past TDC, then trying to rock the cooling fan back and forth.  Some of these get pretty loose.  A rod and bearing could go $100 plus once you are that far it may need a bore job and new piston.  Pistons are really expensive.  You can go here and check prices on parts.  All of the sheet metal looks great.  Tires are expensive as well.  I agree with farmerall that the price is too high for a non-running machine.  I sold one or two running G-P tillers for $250 to $300.

• dlang94 said thank you

#4 panzer_frazer OFFLINE  

panzer_frazer
  • Member No: 69779
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 20, 2015 - 01:07 PM

I agree that the price seems a little high.  It does have the reverse gear unit though which is worth something.