#31 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted March 21, 2012 - 07:56 PM

Lots of good advice here and that video was a very good wake up call. I was using a grinder just today. I't didn't have a guard on it either. I'm goingto put it back on tommorrow. That video got me good.

Edited by LTD, July 30, 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#32 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 22, 2012 - 06:46 AM

Yes,that video sure does give you something to think about.

#33 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 28, 2012 - 07:44 PM

When I was cleaning up the rims for my GTV I had the wire wheel brush on the angle grinder. I had rags stuck in the hubs to keep the gunk out of it. As I worked the vibration brought the rag out of the hole just a little bit and the wheel caught it. It slung around and hit me with that rag across the knuckles several times before I could drop it. Then it was a race with the grinder running across the yard with the rag flailing away and me trying to grab teh cord to unplug it. IT was on a 100 foot extension cord. I think it got about 50 feet before I got the plug.

#34 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 28, 2012 - 08:16 PM

When I was cleaning up the rims for my GTV I had the wire wheel brush on the angle grinder. I had rags stuck in the hubs to keep the gunk out of it. As I worked the vibration brought the rag out of the hole just a little bit and the wheel caught it. It slung around and hit me with that rag across the knuckles several times before I could drop it. Then it was a race with the grinder running across the yard with the rag flailing away and me trying to grab teh cord to unplug it. IT was on a 100 foot extension cord. I think it got about 50 feet before I got the plug.

What? No video? LOL! I am glad you were not hurt!

#35 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 01:06 PM

I don't know what to say, but WOW!  I have a few angle grinders, one without the guard that I use the flexible sanding disks with.  No guard so I can use the next size up disk . . . . dumb ass! It's a 41/2 grinder, but the 5 inch disks are only a nickel more. . . . Anyone else thought the same?

No injury is worth a nickel.  Especially one like that.

Clearly I'm a little late to chime in on the topic, but maybe it will bring the topic back up for the other newbies to have a look at.

Jeff

• marlboro180 said thank you