32 replies to this topic

#31 Bigdaddypowerking OFFLINE  

Bigdaddypowerking
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 73092
  • 21 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 12:24 AM

I've learned more then I ever thought I would about these neat tractors, and it's been very enjoyable. I do have hydraulics and a three point hitch but my transmitting is the three speed T92 manual transmission. The plows that I have are two brinley ones with 1 disc and a cultivator made by empire I believe. I thought if I were to paint those the same color as the tractor with black as the part that actually goes down in the earth and put new chrome bolts on it, that it'd make the tractor that much more desirable and unique.

Please, I am anything but an expert.  Just an enthusiast that used to own a few of these.  Nobody is an expert at these tractors. You will find, as your journey continues, that the more you learn about these tractors, the more you realize you don't know.  Personally I've forgotten more then I ever learned as I haven't messed with them for a number of years now.

No, I don't think a bumper would make much of a difference in value.  Most people looking at it probably wouldn't even realize it's supposed to have one to be honest.  Unless they know these machines pretty well.  Things that affect value are hydraulics, three point, dual trannys, things like that.

By "some of your plows" are you talking about snow plows or what?  Are they original PK or something else?

#32 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 04:29 AM

I've learned more then I ever thought I would about these neat tractors, and it's been very enjoyable. I do have hydraulics and a three point hitch but my transmitting is the three speed T92 manual transmission. The plows that I have are two brinley ones with 1 disc and a cultivator made by empire I believe. I thought if I were to paint those the same color as the tractor with black as the part that actually goes down in the earth and put new chrome bolts on it, that it'd make the tractor that much more desirable and unique.

Well it would depend on the person I suppose.  Are you wanting to sell it or what?  As a show piece, what you want to do to the plows would probably be pretty sharp.  If you want to sell to someone who would want to use it, it may make a difference and it may not.  If I were to be interested in purchasing everything, the chrome bolts and such would turn me off because I really don't know how strong they are.  I've been known to go look at tractors that have been all redone and walk away with a long list of things that need done because the color is wrong and I would have to repaint it.  I'm weird that way.  I'm not all that into customization.  I like them to look like they did originally which is why I was so excited about your restore.  In the end it all comes down to this, it's yours and you can do what you want with it.  Sometimes a Brinly plow restored with Brinly colors can really provide a nice contrast to a well done tractor and set everything off.  My hat is off to you for wanting to even paint the implements.  Not many people mess with them.  For me, if the plow is solid and in good repair, it's worth something, but I use them where many people these days just use a tiller.  So, what are your plans for this machine?  Sell it, use it or show it?

• Alc said thank you

#33 Bigdaddypowerking OFFLINE  

Bigdaddypowerking
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 73092
  • 21 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 01:18 PM

My plans for this tractor is to sell it as a show tractor, a tractor that is unique and original that is like no other. If somebody wants to use this tractor they can its up to whoever purchases it. I understand you're in the group that likes sorta the OEM specs of something and I like that too. The plows would add that "wow" factor to the tractor that is unseen with any other PK(at least of what I know of). The implements and hydraulics will really bring in that extra value I'm hoping. My dream tractor is a Ford 8N with a 302 engine but I can't afford that now so I'm doing this tractor, but I still love it too

Well it would depend on the person I suppose.  Are you wanting to sell it or what?  As a show piece, what you want to do to the plows would probably be pretty sharp.  If you want to sell to someone who would want to use it, it may make a difference and it may not.  If I were to be interested in purchasing everything, the chrome bolts and such would turn me off because I really don't know how strong they are.  I've been known to go look at tractors that have been all redone and walk away with a long list of things that need done because the color is wrong and I would have to repaint it.  I'm weird that way.  I'm not all that into customization.  I like them to look like they did originally which is why I was so excited about your restore.  In the end it all comes down to this, it's yours and you can do what you want with it.  Sometimes a Brinly plow restored with Brinly colors can really provide a nice contrast to a well done tractor and set everything off.  My hat is off to you for wanting to even paint the implements.  Not many people mess with them.  For me, if the plow is solid and in good repair, it's worth something, but I use them where many people these days just use a tiller.  So, what are your plans for this machine?  Sell it, use it or show it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: powerking, economytractor, restoration, kohler