• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted April 03, 2011 - 09:41 PM

Last year when I set the brinly up on my GT5000, I had a heck of a time until I printed off the manual an discovered the hitch was wrong way up and the land side needed adjusting.

Today we went up to Dad's to setup Ryan's plow, and left the directions home on the counter. 1 hr later, I drove home to get them. About the time we corrected all the assembly "problems", it started to rain LOL.
The hitch was upside down, the coulter was to far into the plow and the land side bolt was missing... Missing because the PO broke the "welds" that hold the ear on. 2 rods of 7018 later, I think it'll stay put.

Now we'll have to wait until Tuesday night to try it again, hoping the ground dries up.

When you're setting up you brinly, remember to take the darned directions with you.

#2 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 03, 2011 - 09:43 PM

Murphy's law strikes again.

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 03, 2011 - 10:27 PM

Last year when I set the brinly up on my GT5000, I had a heck of a time until I printed off the manual an discovered the hitch was wrong way up and the land side needed adjusting.

Today we went up to Dad's to setup Ryan's plow, and left the directions home on the counter. 1 hr later, I drove home to get them. About the time we corrected all the assembly "problems", it started to rain LOL.
The hitch was upside down, the coulter was to far into the plow and the land side bolt was missing... Missing because the PO broke the "welds" that hold the ear on. 2 rods of 7018 later, I think it'll stay put.

Now we'll have to wait until Tuesday night to try it again, hoping the ground dries up.

When you're setting up you brinly, remember to take the darned directions with you.

Don't need directions, just have to block the left side up (on concrete) half the width of the plow and then level up the plow. With that said you should be good to go, as long as the right side of your plow point is just inside of your right tire. And if all else fails, look around for someone else to put the blame on lol.
  • KennyP said thank you

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 04:34 AM

Casey, you just cleared up the set up procedure for me. Lots of people have said to block up the tractor, but never how much. Now, I have a number to go with. Thank you.
KennyP

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 07:04 AM

Casey,

Had done all that &it would've been fine but for the other stuff.

I was attempting to point out my own folly at assuming, not meaning to point fingers at anyone else.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 07:51 AM

Murphy's law is really good at this sort of thing :D

I gotta start getting our two plows ready for plow day. I am sure we will need to do some fine tuning once we get up there, the great thing about that is we will all be their for each other's moral support, ........ also to give some a hard time :poke:

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 08:06 AM

Murphy's law is really good at this sort of thing :D

I gotta start getting our two plows ready for plow day. I am sure we will need to do some fine tuning once we get up there, the great thing about that is we will all be their for each other's moral support, ........ also to give some a hard time :poke:

I haven't plowed with a GT, yet. But I'll be looking for the pics of ALL the festivities.
KennyP

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 08:13 AM

I haven't plowed with a GT, yet. But I'll be looking for the pics of ALL the festivities.
KennyP

We should have a ton of pics and lots of video, going to be fun. Hoping to get some nice aerial shots too from the tower :D

#9 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 08:26 AM

March of 2010 I did an article on setting up a moldboard plow, but no sticky was made at the time directing folks to it. I don't believe we even had an implement forum at the time. So I moved the article direct to the implement forum & made it a sticky.
http://gardentractor...rden-plow-5458/
  • NUTNDUN, powerking56, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 08:42 AM

March of 2010 I did an article on setting up a moldboard plow, but no sticky was made at the time directing folks to it. I don't believe we even had an implement forum at the time. So I moved the article direct to the implement forum & made it a sticky.
http://gardentractor...rden-plow-5458/

Good job Dan, I thought I remembered you doing a write up on setting up a plow but wasn't 100% sure :D

#11 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 03:02 PM

Casey, you just cleared up the set up procedure for me. Lots of people have said to block up the tractor, but never how much. Now, I have a number to go with. Thank you.
KennyP

No problem Kenny, when you are a GT nut with an internet as bad as some of us you usually are up half the night and have either researched the topic in the past, or forgot you had researched it already and are doing so again lol.

#12 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 03:04 PM

Casey,

Had done all that &it would've been fine but for the other stuff.

I was attempting to point out my own folly at assuming, not meaning to point fingers at anyone else.

But half the fun of screwing up, is making sure to take some1 down with you lol.
It is kinda good to make sure to check the hitch to make sure it is installed correctly.