• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • Member No: 51434
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted July 12, 2015 - 02:49 AM

I've had this thing for many years since it was new, not a lot of use on it but ran good. Had a big job to do and the thing started cutting out on me. Did the regular trouble shooting, cleaned the air filter, tried re-adjusting the hi/low fuel mixtures but slowly got worse and worse till it wouldn't even start. Checked and got spark at the wire so replaced the plug, still no go. Figured it had to be the carb, took it apart and yup cleaned all the gunk out but the gaskets were brittle and the diaphragm too. Got a rebuild kit off e-bay and put it all back together. Now I have no spark,dang, while it was all apart I cleaned the flywheel and mag. surfaces, used a business card for the starter gap space (old school), turned it over and over still no spark. Took a good look at my reassembly , was two weeks apart so not too fresh in my meager mind, and noticed the three screws holding the mag to the case had insulator tubes on them between the screw and the mag. holes. Two of the three screws had insulator washers at the head end of the screws but the third screw had the insulator tubes but no insulator washer. That third screw also held the lead from the mag. That third screw was the only thing grounding the mag. to the case. I tried it without the lead grounded, with it grounded, and as many ways as I could think. Still no spark. Looked for another mag for that thing on line and no luck. There are a few 'basket' eager beavers on line but that could be taking a chance on getting a good mag. I need. Hooked up the volt/ohm meter to check for continuity and resistance but can't find any stats on what those readings should be. Hooked the volt/ohm meter to the spark lead while turning it over and get a faint volt surge but not near enough for a spark. Even held the plug lead in my hand and couldn't feel any shock. It kills me to think I might have to trash this little guy but can't think of where I may have screwed up to kill the spark. Hmmm.

#2 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted July 12, 2015 - 07:17 AM

We may have a few in the shop i will chk. We stopped buying these chainsaws. Too many issues with them. Only stihl and Husqvarna now
  • rust addict said thank you

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted July 12, 2015 - 07:54 AM

What year is this  one any pics?

I may have something laying around that will work for you.

I got a bunch of Mini Macs I still use , cant beat them!

• Alc and rust addict have said thanks

#4 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • Member No: 51434
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 02:34 AM

Been looking on line (best use of the internet) and have a couple of leads so far. I really hate buying used electronics on line. I will get a picture on line here, from what I have found out, it does fit a couple of models.