Not exactly sure what the true name of them are, but I think you all know what I'm referring to. Anyway, I'm thinking of buying one of these and mounting it in one of the high corners of my garage, so that it will take pictures while I'm working on a tractor. It would free up my hands from holding a camera while trying to wrench on a part, plus I wouldn't have to have another family member following me around snapping pictures for me and getting in my way. So here are some questions that I have, hoping you guys will be able to answer for me:
1. Are they solar powered, or can I plug them into an electrical outlet?
2. Are they adjustable as far as time settings, or do they automatically snap pictures every time there is a movement?
3. Can the pictures be downloaded to a computer, like you can with a camera?
4. Do they take just individual pictures, or can you set them up to shoot video as well. If video compatible, how long of a video time?
5. I haven't checked anything out yet, so is there any brands that are better than others?
6. Any ballpark figures on a cost of a good unit?
7. Are the pictures in black and white, or is color pictures available?
Again, this is just an idea that I'm kicking around. Nothing solid as of yet. If you guys have any cons on the idea, I'd like to hear them as well, so don't be afraid to voice your opinions.
Thanks for the help!