Garden Tractor Forums banner

Tri Trac with 2 row cultivator

901 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  daytime dave 
#1 ·
Mounted up the cultivator bar onto the front lift (same lift as was used for the middle buster ) I tried to use the complete set-up without moving the front axle wider so it will still fit my 5x10 trailer the bar should clear the side rails . It has gauge wheels half sweeps with dirt shields . There is also a single shank sweep mounted on a separate lift on the rear to get the spot where the rear tire tracks .I'll get a picture and post that later . Everything went on well until I tried mounting the shanks in between the lifting arms . The manual explains and has a general picture but when I tried the shanks hit a cross-member on the lift frame , but by just a little , if it was moved a 1/4" it wouldn't have hit at all. I ended up making tapered shims to cock the shank enough so it wouldn't hit the cross-member . I don't really have a garden with row crops that you would use it on but I tried going in a spot next to where the sweet potatoes are .I was too wet but I couldn't wait lol

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
WHdbJD , no way I could mount it all as a complete unit lol . Just the 6' wide tool bar is awakward to mount by yourself . Maybe now that all the pieces are mounted 2 people could kind of slid it out . I won't even try because I store it above my garage

Reactions: WHdbJD and KennyP
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.