• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jared OFFLINE  

jared
  • Member No: 62444
  • 4 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted July 10, 2015 - 09:29 PM

I've got a Bolens Super Versa Matic model 15FD02. I replaced the old cracked drive belts. Since I've done this it jumps forward when idling and reverse don't work so good. I looked in the owner's manual I got with the walk behind and adjusted the linkage rod as said but the instructions didn't give much info and I'm not familiar with the process on these walk behinds. There's a bolt/all thread rod with a spring on it and I turned the nut both ways a little and it quite jumping so much but I than lost forward and didn't have any better reverse. I tried moving the linkages to a different hole and bad idea. Now I've not got much for forward or reverse. I used the old belts for sizing and don't know if it's cause the belts are new or what's going on. Who can help me with the proper way to adjust it up and not have it jumpy while idling? Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.........Jared

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0774.JPG
  • 100_0775.JPG

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted July 11, 2015 - 07:27 AM

There's really not much adjustment on this model except where the threaded rod and spring is.

Are you sure you got the right belts? Did you get covered belts so they dont grab? Are all the belt guides in place?

• jared said thank you

#3 jared OFFLINE  

jared
  • 4 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted July 30, 2015 - 09:24 PM

I got a chance to check and the new drive belts on the Super Versa Matic 15FD02 had more grip so I took them off and since I kept the old ones I checked them over, gave it thought wondering why I needed to replace them in the first place :hitting_self_roller:  and put them back on. Since I messed with some of the adjustments after putting on the new belts, trying to get it to stop jumping, things are now off kilter. Is there a service manual I can download or a way to get back to factory default adjustments than go from there. I've tried many combinations of this that and others but not getting good results :help: . I should've left well enough alone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Jared

#4 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 07:05 AM

http://gardentractor...-01-02-versa-m/

Do you have all belt guides and are you sure the old belts are even the right ones?

#5 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,169 Thanks
  • 2,143 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 07:06 AM

Is there a service manual I can download or a way to get back to factory default adjustments than go from there.

I've never seen a repair or service manual for Bolens 2-wheel tractors.  .....There may have been a Service Bulletin issued, but that would have only occurred if there was a production problem or a recurring problem showing up once sold.

If you can remove the belt cover, and take some good, clear pics of the drive in forward, neutral, and reverse positions, we may see something that will help you.

Looking at the Owner's Manual (linked above by Brian), it appears there should be enough info there to help you.

Edited by Bruce Dorsi, July 31, 2015 - 07:11 AM.

• jared said thank you

#6 jared OFFLINE  

jared
  • 4 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 02, 2015 - 09:07 PM

Yesterday I took the belt cover off to take some good photos and after seeing the drive setup I scratched my head a little trying to give it the stare fix. I had nothing. I moved the drive lever a few times and did some adjusting to the threaded end of the long linkage by the drive handle. Things are back up to good now. I fired it up ran the cultivator down the garden corn rows and all worked as good as new. Thanks  GTT for the ideas and help. Jared

• Bruce Dorsi said thank you